Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to make a gear trolly

Need to make a gear trolly

Field hunting ducks and geese 300-500yrds from the road makes for a long drag of layouts, decoys and robos. I need to build a trolly to be able to pack 3 layouts, 2-3 doz duck decoys and or geese decoys. Plus two or three robos

I was thinking mnt bike tires mounted to a 4x8 sheet of plywood, maybe make it a double decker.

Anyone done this or have some picture, plans

curtis

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Need to make a gear trolly

We use a Sasquatch game cart. Crazy Farmer had what looked like a big shopping cart with bigger tires of course. Search this forum as there were pictures of CF's cart in the discussion a year or so ago.

I know adam and matt built a pretty sweet one. However, 3 layouts 3 dozen decoys and a few robos, plus gun and blind bag doesn't sound to bad for 3 guys. What kind of wimps you hunting with?

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

They are callin me the wimp, as i am carting all my sh*t back to the truck!

found these gardening carts that can handle 600lbs! Great for the day we have a fallen soldier out there. Could weld longer axles to widen the stance, has fat tires and a pull handle connected to the front axle that steers. Little fabing could make a sweet set up

Got one I don't use anymore. It was build for exactely what your describing. I'll try to post pics later today. If u can use it I'll make you a screaming deal.

Basically it's a box on two bicycle wheels with tie down hooks all around to secure the load. It has a pull handle on the front and some push handles on the back. It's balanced so one person can handle it from the back like a wheel barrow or two can combine to make the haul easier. It could haul everything you described and more.
    Last edited by labguy; 12-22-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I know adam and matt built a pretty sweet one. However, 3 layouts 3 dozen decoys and a few robos, plus gun and blind bag doesn't sound to bad for 3 guys. What kind of wimps you hunting with?

Lorne
    Kinda what i was thinking!
    Lol
    Next they'll be snivelling, we got to make another for dead birds. Haha

Silos boys!!!

Sorry these pics are pretty big but it gives u an idea.

The wheels are from a Mountain Bike. As u can see the tires are flat as it hasn't been used in some time. Need to be pumped up.

If your interested shoot me a PM.

UPDATE: Unit is now sold

"
    Last edited by labguy; 12-23-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Thats what i am thinking!

Crazy farmer, you have anymore pictures of that four wheeled wagon?