Thread: Public blinds

Lightbulb Public blinds

There is one out at 72nd made of driftwood, another of old 2x4s plus your standard tall grass logs, the natural blinds. People seem to respect them, less the garbage. But if I toted this into public land, maybe 30 minute walk off the parking lots. Think it would last long or be packed up and put in someones truck? Right now I just pack around my 5 sided net blind. Looks like a fun project though, but I don't have access to fields so it would end up on a dyke marsh.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjourn...l.aspx?nID=452

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Public blinds

if it got trashed it would be garbage in the marsh... PVC... the others you mentioned are made with stuff already there.. you are proposing bringing in un natural product.... even if a storm kills it and not a person...
    i wouldnt. IMO i would build with what is on hand in the spot..... or like you are doing pack out what i pack in

Yea a storm would do a number on it for sure, with the wind out there. Even staked could turn into a kite.

Good intentions but it might go south.

Build a framework out of available material; driftwood,etc. and just bring camo material to hang. Take the material with you when done each hunt. A 4'x12' "Hunter Specialties" camo weighs very little but don't get the burlap as it weighs a ton when wet and fades fairly quickly.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

I built one that I was going to use but was not able to set up. It's a good idea if you have a permanent location.
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Built one and installed it in a public marsh a couple yrs ago, still there and works like a charm!
    suggestions would be - dont glue it all together, just glue sections
    - spray paint it earth tones while assembled at home, touch up once in place
    - wrap with burlap every yr and use zap straps
    - prune some shrub/branchs and zap strap in place

pick your spot wisly

curt

I would stick with natural materials