Thread: Fraser Valley License

Fraser Valley License

I'm headed to Chilliwack for Christmas and would like to hunt on my parents farm a morning or afternoon or two but am not sure it's worth it. Google hasn't told me where I can buy the special license and how much it costs? I have BCWF insurance already.

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: Fraser Valley License

Pm coming ur way

Any place that sells hunting licenses down here has the fraser valley one. Whether they have any in stock is the question.

The license isn't expensive so I would say its worth it. Chilliwack dart and tackle should have it or cdn tire.

can ducks and geese get the bird flu?
    I wasn't sure, that's why I passed on it this year. I live in the fraser valley and kept telling myself this was going to be my year to start hunting ducks n geese. I'll wait.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Domestic ducks and geese are the ones at risk for the flu....as for the wild ones your good to go.. The only ones I know are dropping are due to steel shot.... Much tougher bred and better for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Domestic ducks and geese are the ones at risk for the flu....as for the wild ones your good to go.. The only ones I know are dropping are due to steel shot.... Much tougher bred and better for ya
    Complete and utter BS. Straight off the USDA website. And don't try to tell me that the ducks in Whatcom are not crossing onto the Fraser Valley or Vice Versa. http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/...entidonly=true

It is in the wild bird flocks, (read the line about "avian influenza (AI) is caused by influenza type A viruses which are endemic in some wild birds (such as wild ducks and swans) which can infect poultry (such as chickens, turkeys, pheasants, quail, domestic ducks, geese and guinea fowl)." ) but will not hurt you if you are cooking it properly. If you have waterfowled for any length of time, you have probably ate it and never known. Waterfowl (Wild and domestic) can survive with it in their systems, but it tends to kill gallinaceous fowl when brought into contact. ( Chicken, Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant, partridge)

Summary: Waterfowl have had it for years. All the AI outbreaks we have had in the valley all take place during migrations to/from the valley. You are fine to eat the birds, just cook it and don't bathe in the blood or eat raw livers or anything stupid
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

They are available at most Services B.C.(Government Agent) offices a friend picked up his at the Duncan Office.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

For sure the wild ones have it.. There not dropping like the domestic ones...ground zero was a turkey operation.. birds where ready to ship... Good on a Friday .. Dead on a Monday...haven't seen the flocks of wild geese/ducks dead in the fields yet... You can call it what you want...it goes from producer to producer... Remember 2004... Take your info 17 million birds... Domestic !! I'll take a wild one any day

Quarintined farms out here have swans. Out in the fields.