Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladner marsh report

Ladner marsh report

Anyone been out in the marsh over the last week? It seems to be to be a but slow. I'm taking out a newbie next week and was hoping to get him a limit. any info/reports on whats working greatly appreciated. I'll be out on monday evening for a scout and quick hunt and tuesday with the newbie.

thanks

"you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ladner marsh report

Getting him a good time and a learning experience is much more important then a limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Out Monday. Slow.

Think my calling might have emptied the marsh.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Anyone know if the bird flu is affecting the ducks? I take the officials today about my back yard hens and they said the flu is being spred by wild birds but didn't say which ones

A pintail on wiser lake in Washington had it. Any cooked bird kills the virus and these strains aren't easily transferred from bird to human.

Shouldnt be an issue, but an private avairy should keep an eye on any sick or dead ducks.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Quote Originally Posted by 870 View Post
    I'm taking out a newbie next week and was hoping to get him a limit.
    A limit on Ladner marsh? Good luck with that, I've never even been close to a limit there in 5 seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    A limit on Ladner marsh? Good luck with that, I've never even been close to a limit there in 5 seasons!
    I have shot several limits at the end of 72nd, my hint is you need to walk about 20 minutes before you take a step onto the marsh. If you get away from the guys shooting at everything then your chances will drastically increase. Our best was a 3 person limit two years ago.

High tide and good wind otherwise find a different spot.

PS. great shoot this past Sat AM. took 6 in 1.5 hrs and 3 of which were beauty drake pintails.
    Last edited by Andrewh; 12-23-2014 at 12:14 AM.

good shooting this morning. got my limit by 830. one big pintail with 1/4 inch of fat on it. its plucked and going in the oven tonight.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

attaboy! good for you.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

went out on sunday with the brotherinlaw to get his first. We each got one pintail with only using a mojo. I decided to leave the decoys in the truck because the bay was flooded to all hell at 5:30am and wasnt sure how much the water would receed. bad choice it moved out quick but still got 2. He also misstepped and decided to swim to retrieve his bird which was funny as hell to see. Had i brought the decoys and some straighter shooting alot more birds down. Oh ya stay far away from the sky buster. taking shots at 80 yards plus