Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Black Tail Hunting - So Frustrated - what would you do HuntingBC?

Thumbs up Re: Black Tail Hunting - So Frustrated - what would you do HuntingBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandeer View Post
    Go out today,and give er.
    Will Do! Thanks for that!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Black Tail Hunting - So Frustrated - what would you do HuntingBC?

Well hahha reading this old thread and thinking....here we go agin in the journey of sore legs acheing backs and blacktails on the brain constantly. ...I wonder if after all my hard work and scouting will pay off this year and I get blessed with evem the chance to drop the hammer on a big mature blacktail buck.

I'm sure hoping this season I'm able to connect. Our son is due Sept 8, and my time will probably be pretty limited until November when my wife takes him back east to meet her family...meanwhile I'm gonna try to meat some deer!

Last year we put in an awful lot of work for the two I did shoot. I'd like to get my hunting partners into deer too, they should be able to log more hours than me this year!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Check out Karle Granlunds Blacktail hunting book.

I am convinced if someone can become successful on blacktails regularly, mule deer and whitetails will seem easy by comparison. This from having hunted them for 20+ years. You will also learn to take a shot without wasting any time, or many times, they just disappear on you.

I hunted Blacktails for years in Sea To Sky country.As frustrating as it was I had my most memorable hunts chasing these Grey Ghosts eventually shooting my biggest deer to date.I have taken a number of four point Mulies but nothing as pretty as my big 3 point Blacktail.

I havnt hunted for any other deer species since I got onto blacktail....I wounder if I go back and try mule deer in penticton area if I find it easier ....I know how many mountiains I have crushed on the coast chasing bt's....makes me excited if I notice a differance going back to muleys for bt break lol.

I feel like I'm still recovering from last years efforts; still, I'm going back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Well hahha reading this old thread and thinking....here we go agin in the journey of sore legs acheing backs and blacktails on the brain constantly. ...I wonder if after all my hard work and scouting will pay off this year and I get blessed with evem the chance to drop the hammer on a big mature blacktail buck.
    At the end of last season I hated blacktails. Until the season ended and I was sad that I couldn't hunt them anymore.

I am going to take advantage of the early season this year before everything goes nocturnal. If I can get within 30 yards of a buck, a tag will be cut.