Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clovergulch Mixed bag

guest Guest

Re: Clovergulch Mixed bag

Beautiful sunny day ... no wind .... no rain ..... hardly a day for ducks ..... seasons end coming in a number of days ..... It was a great day with another MIXED BAG of Birds, The Widgeon decoyed the best out of Pins, Mallards and Widgeons.

Looking around its hard to say that given the urban sprawl all our days gone by and past hunts appear to be numbered ....... could be our last year with our little club of over 50 years. Sad really. Many walk by our Private Property signs, No Trespassing signs, Hunting club members only signs ...... to walk the farm roadways and dykes, yet they are the complainers when we pull birds out of the sky ...... call cops on us, call and complain to the city ....... and one day will bring the closure to us and our heritage. Sure hope to get out again later this week, before its closed ... maybe for good.

Until that sad day comes, I search for more farmers willing to take on a hunter or two, to try to be able to go for the nice walk, shotgun and friends nearby, hoping to keep our tradition of Lower Mainland Waterfowling alive. Its been fun.

CT

guest Guest

Well I guess I'll call this past duck season a wrap, hardly a thing flying today. Lots of wigeon landing nearby field . Not interested in a few deeks compared to thousands nearby. In years gone by the Surpintine flyway to Mud Bay used to have a lot of fowl, hunters ......used to hear banging almost every day or night flight. Not any more. This helped to keep many birds in the air flying. With our cramped urban sprawl, looks like there's not a lot of land up for us Lower Mainlanders to hunt fowl over. Getting less and less. Sure hope to get another chance on the geese later this season. Could be our last season in our small club ...... Thanks to the antis and the urban sprawl ....... It's been fun and hope to hunt the ol Clovergulch again next year, over fifty years of hunting these same parcels of land ...... Sure hope to for a number more too.

Curly top here's to another season past a day as you said hopes to many more..

Hopefully one day the antis & the ignorant leave what's left to those who want to enjoy the last urban hunting available in what used to be the quaint town of Cloverdale, where hunting has been common place longer than their "urban oasis". I'm just starting out waterfowl hunting in last two seasons but for as long as I have lived here I have known and accepted hunting happens on my back door.