Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Step for allocation fight

Re: Next Step for allocation fight

OOOh Whonnock, I like this, I could only imagine Mr. Thomson would be invited. Count me in! With such an event scheduled this far in advance, I think a lot of resident hunters will have the time to make this happen. peaceful protest of course.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by mikeman20 View Post
    A protest would be a great next step.
    Excellent idea mate, it could be coordenated on the lawn of the legislature with people from all over, or we could hit Victoria as well as Thomson and Bennetts offices.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

The BCWF has just released a petition on the allocation issue: http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/
    Question: Is the percentages demanded in the petition (90%/10% Moose+Elk and 75%/25% Sheep, bears, goats) the original 2007 framework agreement that was never implemented?
    I believe it should be 90% resident /10% commercial across all species period.
    The fact that there are percentages in the petition to me is like a vote, a transparent vote by resident hunters and residents across the province. To me if that is the position, in public, to the government than there is no doubt or questioning what is being asked for, now part of the public record.
    Maybe that is just what we need, a province-wide referendum on this issue, and let the residents of this province have the final decision on the allocation of their wildlife resource.

Blowback
    BCWF member

Quote Originally Posted by Blowback View Post
    The BCWF has just released a petition on the allocation issue: http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/
    Question: Is the percentages demanded in the petition (90%/10% Moose+Elk and 75%/25% Sheep, bears, goats) the original 2007 framework agreement that was never implemented?
    I believe it should be 90% resident /10% commercial across all species period.
    The fact that there are percentages in the petition to me is like a vote, a transparent vote by resident hunters and residents across the province. To me if that is the position, in public, to the government than there is no doubt or questioning what is being asked for, now part of the public record.
    Maybe that is just what we need, a province-wide referendum on this issue, and let the residents of this province have the final decision on the allocation of their wildlife resource.

Blowback
    BCWF member

Those percentages (90/10, 75/25) are per a BCWF resolution voted on and passed unanimously at the AGM to be our position should the 2007 policy not be implemented as promised.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

One thing we can do is support the fed on Facebook, if you're on there that is. It's not much, but it's support!!! I got us 80 likes with one share to the hunting page, and now I have just fired it on to my own personal page. Nobody is stopping you from doing the same.

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Whonnockboy i bet you have lots of friends on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    GOABC convention march 27-29 if things have not been resolved yet. K-town picket line!
    Excellent idea! In Christy Clark's and Steve Thomson's home court plus the GOABC has a pancake breakfast as an added bonus!
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

I'm sure CC's pancakes will be well-buttered at that convention.
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

Where is the goabc convention?

As a mainlander I would prefer to not have to travel to the island, but if I must I wil. I have a few hunting friends who aren't active on the forums here that I have been keeping updated about this as well

Quote Originally Posted by mikeman20 View Post
    Where is the goabc convention?

As a mainlander I would prefer to not have to travel to the island, but if I must I wil. I have a few hunting friends who aren't active on the forums here that I have been keeping updated about this as well
    Kelowna.........