Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reply to my email to my MLA

Re: Reply to my email to my MLA

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Poutine View Post
    So who is it that has created this latest mess? The question to you is not to suggest that NDP support is the answer. It's no secret that a large segment of the NDP opposes specific hunting activities, but the response puts him in the crosshairs. Use it. He says that the decisions must be based on science. I agree. So if part of that science funding that he talks about were to be provided should the NDP be in charge and it shows that a grizzly hunt for example is sustainable then by his own words that should be enough to support it.

It wouldn't be. The NDP both Provincially and Federally would love nothing more than to Ban all Hunting and Firearms related activities entirely and are more than happy to lye through their teeth (and whatever else they've got) to gain the opportunity to do so. Well, I do suppose they might enjoy getting to waste 100% of the paychecks of all Canadians on dong so before accomplishing it.

As much as I oppose the Liberal Party I simply could never trust nor get behind N(o) D(own) P(ayment)... Just like a 0% down, ultra high interest car loan, an NDP government is a terrible decision!

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    It wouldn't be. The NDP both Provincially and Federally would love nothing more than to Ban all Hunting and Firearms related activities entirely and are more than happy to lye through their teeth (and whatever else they've got) to gain the opportunity to do so. Well, I do suppose they might enjoy getting to waste 100% of the paychecks of all Canadians on dong so before accomplishing it.

As much as I oppose the Liberal Party I simply could never trust nor get behind N(o) D(own) P(ayment)... Just like a 0% down, ultra high interest car loan, an NDP government is a terrible decision!
    You have no evidence at all that the NDP has ever said that they want to ban all hunting activities. They've never said it and as far as I can tell with my friend Google it's not part of their platform just like it's not part of the Liberal or Conservative platform.

What we do know for sure is that this latest shit storm re Allocation wasn't on the radar but the Liberals have done it anyway. Maybe your trust is misplaced.
    Last edited by Vladimir Poutine; 12-18-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Poutine View Post
    You have no evidence at all that the NDP has ever said that they want to ban all hunting activities. They've never said it and as far as I can tell with my friend Google it's not part of their platform just like it's not part of the Liberal or Conservative platform.

What we do know for sure is that this latest shit storm re Allocation wasn't on the radar but the Liberals have done it anyway. Maybe your trust is misplaced.
    I have not stated I place my "trust" as you put it, in any given party. I'm not here to tell you who to vote for.

I am pro Grizzly Hunt and the B.C. NDP have stated many times that they are not. The rest of my opinions are just that. Besides, there is no way they'd put that in their manifesto/platform. Canadian voters are notoriously moderate, coming out and saying such a thing would be a sure fire way to lose any given election.

Here's another opinion - the whole "allocation" thing is an overblown farce, in my estimation. It's propaganda and fear mongering, primarily. I am not into getting into that in multiple threads per se, so anyone interested in a bit of my take on the matter, I've posted a bit about it in the thread this link leads to -

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...tion-and-facts
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 12-18-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post

WHat would be their motive behind banning hunting and firearms? You really think they'd want to piss that many people off and lose that much revenue? How bad were they for hunting and firearms the last time they were in power?

They banned the grizzly hunt.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    WHat would be their motive behind banning hunting and firearms? You really think they'd want to piss that many people off and lose that much revenue? How bad were they for hunting and firearms the last time they were in power?
    Hard to find much explicit on the provincial NDP's views on hunting. The Fair Chase Act of 2011 was the best I could do : http://www.bcndp.ca/newsroom/fair-ch...ote-good-sport

The Wilderness Committee is on record expressing their disappointment at the NDP' s failure to explicitly rule out the grizzly hunt.

Firearms are federally regulated and Mulcair has made clear his intention to revive the LGR should he be in a position to form government.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Federally, the NDP are proven to be anti-gun and I clearly believe the B.C. Provincial version of said party to be likewise. I do not concern myself with going about attempting to speak (type) to the thought processes and/or motivations of others. Questions that would require doing so or use of the proverbial crystal ball shall go un-entertained and/or presumed to be rhetorical.

The Hermit and Beachcomber have come through ahead of myself here and posted what I'd have said had they not. I could not agree more with each of them.

Thank you both!
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 12-19-2014 at 11:15 PM.