Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Media Request

Re: Media Request

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    Did some checking and Reporter seems to be on the level. I see no reason why questions can't be asked. If you have nothing positive to add to the conversation.....stay out of it. If you are a member that would be willing to have the facts about Grizzly hunting come forward then please help Reporter out.

I think its time for our side to be in the open. The antis seem to get all the press to the public

Dave
    I think if hunters want to be heard it would be best to pick the author and the publication, rather than trust an anonymous reporter and publisher. I would never trust ANYONE who says "tell me your thoughts, and then I might tell you who I am"

Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Philcott View Post
    I have to say that she is the only one in the media, that I have seen anyways, to really lays out the Liberal - GOABC relationship is like: the relentless lobbying, the commercialization of game, the money that flows from GOABC to the Liberal party, the "President's Award" to CC, the nature of the split compared to other jurisdictions, touching on the point about foreign ownership and so on.

I'm glad she pointed those things out and I wish other media outlets would jump all over that kind of information.

i did not like how she painted Grizzley hunting.... at all...

A much more balanced article than the previous one. I'm interested to see where it goes from here.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    I have to say that she is the only one in the media, that I have seen anyways, to really lays out the Liberal - GOABC relationship is like: the relentless lobbying, the commercialization of game, the money that flows from GOABC to the Liberal party, the "President's Award" to CC, the nature of the split compared to other jurisdictions, touching on the point about foreign ownership and so on.

I'm glad she pointed those things out and I wish other media outlets would jump all over that kind of information.
    I agree with you, however, I'm sure that her detractors will come out guns a-blazing (as usual)
    One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

People are like balls of yarn, for the most part they are boring and useless - but I still get a lot of pleasure watching them unravel!! (GC)

Gods own country

She points out what the GOABC contributes to the government funds, but there's no mention about how much money the resident hunters contribute to the government funds. Maybe we'd find out if no one bought a license and tags one year, or did any conservation work and habitat restoration work. This gal has to be a blonde in disguise.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Even though it brings the slimy relationship between the GOABC and the Liberals into the light it is still a poorly written article. Wonder were she got the 6000 Grizzly number. Anyone who spends any time in the backcountry knows there is a hell of a lot more bears than that.