Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outcast fishcat 4 deluxe

outcast fishcat 4 deluxe

Looking for feedback on an outcast fishcat 4 deluxe. Looking to purchase one here pretty quick. Or even a good place to get one. Here in Kelowna its 369 plus tax.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: outcast fishcat 4 deluxe

I got one as a birthday gift from my better half last year, I love it, it's way easier to cover distance than with my old round tube thanks to far less drag, and you sit a lot higher. Get a dry-box if you want to put anything that you want to stay dry (like a jacket, etc) in the "bow", as the floor is below the water line. I would check out the non-deluxe model with the foam seat, the inflatable seat on the deluxe model is not horrible, it seems to lack some stiffness / back support. I can't recall if there are any other differences between the two models. She got the deluxe at Trout Waters for about $270 or $280 IIRC, their pricing was very decent, as their service always seems to be. Surplus Herbies in Vernon has them too, and they a only a bit more but put them on sale often enough.
    Pretend hunter.

I have been very happy with my Fish Cat 4.
    Works great if there is wind on the lake and very easy to fin around in.
    On good thing is you can store your lunch or beer behind the seat. No really...there is lots of room.
    I got mine at Trout Waters watch for Christmas specials.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

I got the deluxe for the inflatable seat. Apparently the foam seat is a big sponge. I only wish there was an easy way to mount rod holders. There really isn't much bare tube to put straps around.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    I only wish there was an easy way to mount rod holders. There really isn't much bare tube to put straps around.
    It's tight, but the scotty mount works on mine. I'll snap a pic of how I made it work if you want.
    Pretend hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    It's tight, but the scotty mount works on mine. I'll snap a pic of how I made it work if you want.
    Please do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    I got the deluxe for the inflatable seat. Apparently the foam seat is a big sponge. I only wish there was an easy way to mount rod holders. There really isn't much bare tube to put straps around.
    I have never experienced that, but mine is only 5 years old and used half a dozen times a year.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

I Have the foam seat version, I would opt for the air seat as I usually quad or hike into the lakes I use it on.
    the foam is quite bulky but is very supportive

Quote Originally Posted by broncoo View Post
    I Have the foam seat version, I would opt for the air seat as I usually quad or hike into the lakes I use it on.
    the foam is quite bulky but is very supportive
    That makes sense. I always have mine inflated and in the back of the truck so I'm ready to go.

Wanna trade?