Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: End of HUNT -------

Re: End of HUNT -------

Great buck - a hearty congratulations on getting it done in adverse conditions. That's the trouble with the late archery season - can be bitterly cold at times, and I can certainly relate. But the potential rewards are obvious and you richly deserved one.

Congrats, Jeff. I guess I missed you. I saw Ken on his way out. Very nice deer and for sure you deserved it. Can't wait for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck2 View Post
    Great buck - a hearty congratulations on getting it done in adverse conditions. That's the trouble with the late archery season - can be bitterly cold at times, and I can certainly relate. But the potential rewards are obvious and you richly deserved one.
    Or wet! I drove back to camp one day it was an ice rink. . . just letting go of the throttle made my truck drift towards the ditches. Scary stuff.

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone. I just barbecued up a backstrap. Mmmm good! I can't wait for next year!
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life, so there is no better time to make changes than now.

guest Guest

Great thread and congrats all round here! Cool accomplishment with a long bow

Congrats on a nice buck, awesome job with a Trad bow, wooden arrows & -30 nuff said

Greybark thanks for the treestand tips & I hope I will still be able to climb into my stand when Im 75 wow simply amazing!

Hey Spy , one of my favorite trees to sit in involves climbing up using its branches then hauling up my climber stand . This provides the best in cover . On this trip doing just that I overdid it and tore my rotator cuff . Ironicaly one of the toughest part of this procedure is climbing down after sunset . You can`t see the branches below and some sort of hanging and prayers are involved . LOL . Each night after returning to camp I would have my "Thank God I got out of that damn tree" beer lol. Oh how I savered that bottle of Sleemans Origanel . This was the last time using that tree .
    It`s much easier on this old frame to just use the climber . I remember before stands just sitting on a branch , then a piece of board roped to the branch , then a piece of plywood to stand on that was held on by sisel (sp) rope and a timber hitch , then Cabalas Spurs (totally useless ) , then offical spurs , then hang ons (where you use one frozen hand to hang onto the tree, a second frozen hand to hold the stand in place , then a Third frozen hand to hook up the chain ) , then a ladder stand and now the cream of the crop a self climber that enables more hunting trips .
    Cheers Spy and Merry Christmas .
    Last edited by greybark; 12-22-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Just remembered another tree stand tip . Another reason to have your seat platform and bar (a must have) at the maximum height is it provides clearance for the lower limb of your bow . The get in the way length of trad bows can be a problem but this additional height lets these bows get clearance by going under the seat platform bar during the drawing and shot process..
    The shorter compound bows can gain the same clearance but somewhat limited . With the use of you safety harness you can confidently lean out a bit more or in some cases step backand get that rquired clearance .
    Cheers
    Last edited by greybark; 12-22-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I have to commend the 2 of you for conquering the insanity & the extreme weather conditions while sitting in your "perches." Lol The reward made it all worth while! Congrats!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to persue them." Walt Disney