Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blazer vanes

Re: blazer vanes

I wasn't thrilled with my groups using the 2" blazers with broadheads, but to be honest I didn't really try to tune for them as I decided to go another direction with the type of hunting arrow I wanted. i was shooting the blazers on a light, very fast arrow and decided to go with a heavy slow arrow instead.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Kid is repeating himself, I will talk to him about this. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

I've deleted his extra post(s)
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I had trouble getting my blazers to stick at first. i had to clean a lot better then using duravanes.

Have a dz arrows made up for 3-D but all their hype about not having to clean the base of the vane, ya right, I used their arrow wrap, their new high tec glue and their 2" blazer, I'd shoot a round and lose about 3 - 4 vanes, cleaned the base of some new ones with isopropl 99% then they stuck, I get good luck with Duravanes and I can also shoot my American Broadheads with 3" Dura vanes no problem. { 295 fps } I weighted the 2" blaxer and the 3" dura vane and they weight about the same, the blazes is a higher profile { less rest clearance } than a 3" dura thats why you can get broadheads to fly like I can with 3" dura vanes, but overall a pretty good vane.In the years I've made arrows any vane will work as long as it's glued right and the bow is tune properly a broadhead will fly true.
    Just my $0.5 worth.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS