Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turning nocks

Bow Walker Guest

Re: turning nocks

Yuk, yuk, yuk..........

Got out today with a friend who also shoots. Used those nock wrenchs. Super easy and I think it made a difference. I put four arrows out of seven into a beer can at 20 yards. Can't wait to get out again.
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

Bow Walker Guest

Careful with the 'pass-thrus' on cans Blayne. Rips fletching off slick as a whistle.

I had a foam target behind, so no pass throughs. I am not going to make a habit of it. We also tried some long shots, sixty yards up a hill. Neat to see how the arrow flies like that. Definetly not in a hunting situation, but fun all the same.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tailgate77
    I had a foam target behind, so no pass throughs. I am not going to make a habit of it. We also tried some long shots, sixty yards up a hill. Neat to see how the arrow flies like that. Definetly not in a hunting situation, but fun all the same.
    You're right about it not being a hunting shot - but in my opinion a person needs to do these kind of shots just to see how the equipment reacts and responds.

Shooting at 60 - 100 yards at the range will show your arrow trajectory, and also how to aim at those long distances that are definitely 'out of bow range.'

You'll find silly/fun shots like those at some 3D shoots - so if you are familiar with your equipment - you have an advantage over the guys/gals who only practice out to 40 - 50 yards.

The more you know the capabilities of your equipment the better shooter you will be. It's all about practice - and who says practice has to be dull??

Yeah It was my best shoot so far. Trying different shots that I wouldn't do without encouragement from my friends. I tried to shoot at about 80 yards, and the target was about 25 yards vertically below me. Very hard. I only hit the target butt once in four shots. Thats the only way to learn is to miss a bunch and adjust. My groups at 20 yards are about three inches now, but at 30 they are probably 8 and I can see some fishtailing at that distance. The tuning never stops.

Talking Re: turning nocks

Any Bow shop should do it for you or give you an arrow Nock tool for Nothing. we get them evy time you get a bunch of arrows. I know I have about 30 0f them around. Got to help out the Business you know. A Happy customer is a Repeat Customer.
    My worst day of Hunting is better than my best day at Work.