Thread: Elk- Region 2

Elk- Region 2

Does anyone know of allowable elk hunting in Madeira Park in the Pender Harbour area?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk- Region 2

Did you get an LEH draw?

Not trying to sound like an arse.....just with an open question like that was just making sure you knew it was on draw on the Sunshine Coast.

No offense taken. I appreciate the directness. I am new to Elk hunting as I have hunted deer , moose and sheep but never elk. Looking for possibilities in B.c that I can hunt myself as I don't have $$$ for guides and lodges..

All elk down here are LEH only. Take a read through the entire regs and LEH papers for info on the different seasons and areas.

I don't think there are any elk in region 2? According to the hunting synopsis there is no hunting season for elk anywhere in region 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy84 View Post
    I don't think there are any elk in region 2? According to the hunting synopsis there is no hunting season for elk anywhere in region 2.
    There is very limited LEH hunting in region 2 sort a once in lifetime scenario.

Yeah, the regs are your friend. Huntbuddy is a brilliant app that could answer your question too.

Elk are tough to hunt in this part of the world. It is definitely a travel proposition.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

As mentioned there are LEH elk tags available for Sechelt Penninsula (LEH regs and applications are in May (or so) each year). OK to ask people what the regs are but bottom line you should read the regs yourself and not go off 'he said' advice. I understand that the elk are not hard to find in the Pender Harbour area, as they are a bit of a nuisance at time. I think I once read that you just need to ask at the gas station.... you get the idea.

Angry Re: Elk- Region 2

If you are going to apply in the Sechelt area, as I did last huntin season, make sure you apply on the west side of the narrows and NOT on the east side like I did, just saying
    Hunting is just a nice quiet walk in the woods with a loaded gun, then some a$$hole pulls the trigger. Then the work begins