Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrison East Road Report for Dec 3/14?

Harrison East Road Report for Dec 3/14?

Has any one been up Harrison Lake East FSR in the last few days? Icy? Snow? There was logging and road work a week ago.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Harrison East Road Report for Dec 3/14?

West side just a tiny skiff of snow 3 days ago ...ish

Glad you asked... I wish someone would have answered with a road report as I was thinking of heading there in the morning. If i do and no one else posts I let you know tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    Has any one been up Harrison Lake East FSR in the last few days? Icy? Snow? There was logging and road work a week ago.
    I was up there on sat made it up past the logging camp at end of lake just a lil snow VERRY cold though... Saw a lot of trucks but it was sat u can expect that

I meant logging camp past 20 mile sry

That's on the west side looking for info on the east side

Snow? Just grab a pair of these for your truck....

http://youtu.be/lZruohbsDHQ

Ok so I was up the EAST side yesterday... No snow until about the 55km mark well after the huge mining project at the 42km mark where they have a minster work camp set up and have drilled tunnels big enough for them to drive in thru the mountain. But back to the road report little snow on the road some ice patched on a couple of up hill sections but nothing real crazy. The snow I saw was more like frost and I had no problems

Quote Originally Posted by itsy bitsy xj View Post
    Ok so I was up the EAST side yesterday... No snow until about the 55km mark well after the huge mining project at the 42km mark where they have a minster work camp set up and have drilled tunnels big enough for them to drive in thru the mountain. But back to the road report little snow on the road some ice patched on a couple of up hill sections but nothing real crazy. The snow I saw was more like frost and I had no problems
    That is actually a Hydro Project... The company doing the work looks like they are from Quebec and most of the workers up there don't speak any English haha. Nice eh come to BC and mess it up and then go back home and want to separate from the country.

Sad to say but looks like they are going to re root the river to run through the new turbines they are putting in, but hey it's just a river right there is lots of them. Sick!

Money grubbers

I was with a buddy on the East side today Friday Dec 5th. Lots of fog. In the morning it was so bad we had trouble seeing the road going in. All day it rolled in and out at all elevations. No snow. Rained on and off all day. The lake side road out to km 35 was wet and slightly muddy. They were replacing a bridge at km35 I think it was. It appeared to be single lane there but we did not go beyond it. We walked up gated roads. There were several trucks carrying supplies and equipment for the Silver Creek Run of the River.
    We hiked up gated roads. On the first one we were hiking up when 2 guys on quads with keys to the gate blew by us. They were the only other hunters we saw all day long. On the way out there was 1/2 dozen guys, several vehicles and a trailer dropping trees onto the road for fire wood in the dark. At first we thought it was an accident scene.
    Up higher there was ice on the roads. Watch your step. Careful coming down through the icy sections with your vehicle. Be aware it gets dark quick with sunset at 4:10. End of report.
    Last edited by pmj; 12-05-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC