Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First band!

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

First band!

Shot my first ever band today, absolutely over the moon! Been hunting LM for 4 seasons, feel like I can call myself a proper hunter at last. Some technical problem on the reporting website so will have to wait till monday for the life story.

It it was a pretty epic mornings hunt. I usually go for the BS conversation as much as the shooting. There was no time for talking today, 24 ducks in under an hour and a half. There were so many flying we didn't even bother setting up the robo. And to top it off I was using the over under - first time I ever got a double with that gun (even if There was almost a minute between shots!)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First band!

Sounds like a hell of a hunt. Their not all like that but when it happens, man. Let us know what the info on the band is, lord knows their few and far between.

Congratulations!
    Looking forward to reading the details but for now what species and hen, drake etc???
    Buddi doing what she does best!

I bet you remember that day and hold on to the bragging rights until you so old you forget your wife's name but remember those important moments of life.:^)
    See you down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Congratulations!
    Looking forward to reading the details but for now what species and hen, drake etc???
    It was a greenhead. Much as I would love to shoot a banded pintail drake they sadly don't make many of them these days.

I will never forget my 2 bands. They happened on back to back outings. I ended up with a green head and a Pintail drake the next day. Congrats and go get some more!
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

Congrats!! Better to be lucky then good!!! and don't worry based on our records it's more likely to shoot that banded drake pintail then greenhead.

Congrats! Pretty cool feeling when you see that first band!
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"

So must be the week only thing is when I contacted them they HAVE NO RECORD of the band Ok I still have it ,my 4th in jeez now I forget how many years .....

Oh well, slight anti climax. Got the website working and it was banded 2 months ago in Merritt BC. Was hoping for somewhere a bit more exotic!!