Thread: Another Old Revert Down

Another Old Revert Down

This has been quite a busy week on the farm... as many of you know I am privileged to participate on a permit to cull deer from a farm in the rural urban boundary. This farm sits among a number of contiguous large properties and is relatively large in itself. There are decent tracts of brush and trees and even a decent natural pool/swampy area in addition to many acres of cultivated land. The habitat is great for deer and the space and arrangement couldn't be much better and there are lots of deer, ergo the agricultural permit. I like to still hunt in the treed area and to sit in one of a number of treestands we have set up.

Anyway, earlier this week I killed a nice 3x4 on the property and posted a thread here with a couple pictures. I got a call from the farmer yesterday asking me to come over right away to dispatch a deer that had got itself inextricably caught up in a fence/greenhouse structure. I dropped everything and got over to the farm ASAP to find a huge buck in severe distress and hopelessly tangled and tied tight to the fence. So I quickly zipped an arrow through him and waited for the minute or so for him to expire.

I don't actually like the killing part of hunting but obviously am happy and thankful for the rewards that go hand in hand with the entire process. I've killed lots of deer in my day but this one was probably the hardest and I took no joy whatsoever in my participation. Having said that, I was surprised at the size of this Island BT and thought I'd post a couple pics for your interest. Cheers

[imghttp://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/BTRV1.jpg[/img]
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Another Old Revert Down

Beautiful big old buck. You did the humane thing.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Once again congrats on a nice buck. No worries how went down. Thats wildlife management. Ill pour a rum and tip one back to you.

I think I'll pour a rum to, nice buck Bill, and the tent worked well this year, perfect for 3 guys.

Good on ya Bill, could have ended worse for him
    Make Your Own Luck

Good job buddy

Rum sounds like a plan!! Cheers boys and good lu k in the late season!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Im sure you understand the agricultural permit legalities and are aware that the deer has to be buried on the property and no meat or any part of the animal removed.

Nice work Bill! Congrats on your ag buck!

and with the game bags hanging in the background what more could you ask.....farmers helping wildlife....cheesh.....good for helping out Bill.