Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSR radio reciever

FSR radio reciever

There are time's on some steep narrow FSR that I worry about meeting a logging truck coming down. Is there a standard radio frequency that a person can get a radio receiver for ???

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FSR radio reciever

there's frequencies usually marked on the roads.
    another thing I do, when I know there's active logging in the area, is wait for a truck heading in and follow him.
    I guess that doesn't work for road hunters though, they'd never keep up.

You need a license to buy one of those radios in Canada and they are over a G-note. But you can buy them from China on Ebay for as low as $250 at times and they work great and they dont ask to see a license to sell you one.

Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    You need a license to buy one of those radios in Canada and they are over a G-note. But you can buy them from China on Ebay for as low as $250 at times and they work great and they dont ask to see a license to sell you one.
    sorry, you can buy them off of eBay for $50.you can also program them for for frs/gmrs .

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I don't know if it's a trend, but when I was using fsrs in the chilcotin this fall I didn't
    recognize the frequency numbers displayed on some of the major haul roads and my
    scanner didn't pick up any chatter when left on 'roam' like it does elsewhere in the
    province. I'm not sure, but I wonder if they have switched to digital or different
    frequencies similar to the police.

Mission police,Hope,Cultus lake, Chilliwack, and the freeway patrol haven,t changed. In Rock Creek this year I could listen to the logging trucks. I think it was 136.350
    Last edited by ruger#1; 11-21-2014 at 04:44 AM.

The entire provincial Resource Road frequency system, including FSR`s is in a state of transition. There are 35 channels being implemented province wide for road use and another 5 or so for loading channels. The aim is to simplify the system so there is less confusion in respect to which road uses which channel and make it safer for the people working on these roads. Some areas of the province have completed the transition while others are in progress. You do not need a licence to monitor these frequencies, only to transmit on them.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

You can also buy a scanner and program in all the RR channels plus any old ones you come across.

Just go to any local radio shop or ebay and buy a radio. If you get a icom or kenwood you can have them programed in any area. Your suppose to have a radio licence but in 20 years ive never been asked to produce it or herd anyone that has been. If ifs in a personal truck wouldnt worry about it.

Thanks guy's The hunt is on.