Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 12 Ga Shotgun?

Which 12 Ga Shotgun?

So i will be finishing my PAL soon and I'm starting to look around for a possible shotgun I will own. I've made up my mind, it will be a 12 ga. But Im not sure on what makes. I a left shooter so that might come into consideration.

I heard that the Remington 870 express is a poor choice from some people.

What do you guys think? Any help would be great! thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Which 12 Ga Shotgun?

Ps. I will be using the shotgun for small game, upland birds and hopefully migratory birds too.

Never, ever had a problem with a 870. Like anything, keep it clean. If you go with a wingmaster, you will notice a lot of difference in the smoothness of the action, both will keep ya shootin.
    Blacktail Nut

If you are a lefty then I would consider an Ithaca Model 37. I loads and ejects from the bottom so you are not having empty hulls flying past your face.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

Oh, and you will probably be waiting a while to get your PAL, so send it off as quick as you can, then after the prescribed 45 day wait, call them.
    Blacktail Nut

yeah, that wait is ridiculous! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Murder
    Oh, and you will probably be waiting a while to get your PAL, so send it off as quick as you can, then after the prescribed 45 day wait, call them.
    yeah I sent mine off beginning of Dec got it back towards end of Feb they tell me that BC has the longest wait cause they are so backlogged but definately call after the 45 days...oh and I just got a 45 or 48 cant remember which remington sportsman SA dont know much about it havent fired it but im told its an ok gun
    Last edited by Kevin21; 03-27-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Browning BPS is a nice ambidextrous setup. Bottom eject, tang safety.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

My dads left handed and has been shooting a normal right handed 870 basically all his life, not once has he even complained about hulls ejecting into his line of sight, I guess he's just used to it now. I find bottom ejecting shotguns nice to have in blinds with multiple people so the shells dont fly across and start hitting people in the face when they're also shooting.

thanks for the info guys