Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ORV Registration

Re: ORV Registration

TAX GRAB just what we want right lol

Quote Originally Posted by jack pine savage View Post
    The fee is one time for one owner. If the orv is sold it gets transferred the same as a car or motorcycle and then tax and transfer fee are applicable. The BCWF has been involved in this from the start and would only sign off on the one time only fee.

Who represents you, the BCWF represents me.
    Would you please explain,"would only sign off on the one time only fee" your last sentence, and where you obtained that information.

Hmm pretty mixed messages..
    Srupp

Mine is 28 years old and I have no paper on it and the dealer is long gone I imagine.
    Last edited by hotstuff; 11-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    "Life is too short."

"If you purchased an ORV in BC or brought it into BC before July 1, 2010, and did not pay PST at the time of purchase or bringing it into BC, you will not be required to pay the PST at the time of registration. Instead, you "should" contact us to arrange payment of the PST".

Key word is "should".

Purchased an ATV before July 1st 2010 and paid the taxes, do not have to show taxes paid. If and when they come looking, will show the bill of sale with taxes paid.
    There are times when I don't do as I should.
    Last edited by SPEYMAN; 11-15-2014 at 11:55 AM.

I purchased my quad through my business in 2005. The receipt is required by law to be kept for 7 years per CRA rules. Those receipts and papers have now been shredded. I followed the letter of the law and now a retroactive tax is being applied to my property. Not acceptable.

Read the post above yours. Once again the tax laws have been in place for a long time and the act explains how to handle your situation.

Some need to do some reading before jumping to conclusions that are not correct.

Search ORV ACT B.C. and read it.

Speyman .......
    My quad is plated/registered/insured ($2,000,000. third party liability) for $60. ......
    ICBC is the insurer .....
    I sometimes prospect, but carry my rock hammer and small pack at all times ...... have a 'Free Miners Licence' ...
    Have an ICBC 'Road Permit' issued by the RCMP ....... am able to cross and travel down the shoulder of any road.

Glad that you started this thread and laid out the facts of the upcoming registration and process.
    I've just taken a different approach to it ......

HMMM tried to read it..my twin brother is the laywer in the family..it is designed to be confusing its the purpose of protecting govt.
    it doesn't protect the environment.
    I couldn't find that it was a one time fee period.amen.
    I couldn't find where this license tag is to go..or must go.
    I understand? the paperwork must be carried with you..as does the tag.

The minister may grant certain GROUPS of people exemptions...leprocans and wee Irish lasses under 3 foot tall..hmm maybe natives? maybe my stolen atv couldn't be recovered from a foreign government west of Williams Lake?

its states that some of the $$$ is for the agencies..ie bcwf and snowmobile assoc for trails...SERIOUSLY....

ok I have read it...imo its still garbage cash grab with fines from $200...$500...$2,000...$5,000...plus retroactive gst pst..
    im voting on nov 17 not to rejoin bcwf for our rod and gun club..
    sheeeesh

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Speyman .......
    My quad is plated/registered/insured ($2,000,000. third party liability) for $60. ......
    ICBC is the insurer .....
    I sometimes prospect, but carry my rock hammer and small pack at all times ...... have a 'Free Miners Licence' ...
    Have an ICBC 'Road Permit' issued by the RCMP ....... am able to cross and travel down the shoulder of any road.

Glad that you started this thread and laid out the facts of the upcoming registration and process.
    I've just taken a different approach to it ......
    Is this because of your Free Miners Licence? I have never heard of ICBC rates of $60 per year for quads. What did you ask for when you got the coverage?
    How did you get the road permit? This could be the way to go if it is available to everybody. Please share your secrets.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....