Re: ORV Registration

You can't legislate and cure stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    You can't legislate and cure stupidity.
    who you calling stupid stupid

Here's the reply I got today regarding the PST

As a general matter, please see Notice 2013-011 - Notice to Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Owners.

As indicated on page 1 of the Notice:

You must pay PST on ORVs you purchase, lease or receive as a gift in BC, and ORVs you purchase, lease or receive as a gift outside BC and bring into the province, unless a specific exemption applies.

The PST applies regardless of whether or not the ORV is required to be registered.

As indicated on page 2 of the Notice:

For ORVs acquired or brought into BC before July 1, 2010, the 7% provincial sales tax (SST) applies. You must self-assess the tax payable using the FIN 405 - Casual Remittance Return and include a copy of the bill of sale with your payment.

Please note: If you purchased an ORV in BC or brought it into BC before July 1, 2010, and did not pay PST at the time of purchase or bringing it into BC, you will not be required to pay the PST at the time of registration. Instead, you should contact us to arrange payment of the PST.

The important date here is the date that you brought the ORV into British Columbia (not the purchase date). However, you indicate that the ORV was brought into British Columbia in 1998, apparently very soon after purchase. Consequently, you are not required to pay PST to the Autoplan/ICBC agent when you register the ORV, as it was brought into the province prior to July 1, 2010. At the time of registration, you will be required to provide a verbal declaration that the ORV was purchased and/or brought into British Columbia prior to July 1, 2010.

You must self-assess and remit the PST due on the purchase price of the ATV at the time that you purchased it at the out-of-province location, less depreciation (please see Bulletin PST 310 - Goods Brought Into BC for information on depreciation rates – please note that the maximum depreciation on goods brought into BC from out of province is 50%). You may remit the PST due using FIN 405 - Casual Remittance Return. If you do not have the original bill of sale, the amount that you declare may be the original purchase price that you paid, to the best of your recollection.

Please read it and use the links to get the real goods, not somebody's ' I think it's this '.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Damnit all anyway! Used ATV purchases from a private seller were HST exempt.

Now we have to pay PST again on all used purchases of taxable goods, even from private sellers.

WTF? Did the 'Scalm lie to us when he convinced us the PST was good for us?

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

A friend just went to register an ATV, and yes it is a one time fee to register, BUT, it's $66 per yr for the plate.

This is is what I heard today.

RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

In terms of costs...
    Registration under Off Road Vehicle Act:

* BCs one-time, user-pay ORV registration fee is $48.

* No additional fees for registration or the plate are required under the Motor Vehicle Act if you have paid the one-time $48 fee to obtain both your Certificate of Registration and number plate under the Off Road Vehicle Act. The ORV number plate is a dual purpose plate.

* There is no cost for the police-issued operation permit.

* Annual fees apply to vehicle licensing and insurance for the majority of motor vehicles used on a highway in BC. In the case of ORVs used for recreation purposes to access a highway, annual vehicle licensing is $23 and ICBCs basic insurance coverage is $25, you will be issued a sticker for your plate and this will be an annual fee.

* ICBC is the only one that can provide Liability Insurance for accessing highways

To Register is $30.00 Cost of Plate $18.00 Total $48.00 one time cost.

To cross Highways you must purchase a Sticker for the license Plate $23.00.

You must also purchase Liability Insurance that is only valid when crossing Highways for $25.00.

Total $96.00 to register,buy plate, for sticker, for Liability Insurance.

You are still required to have a minimum $200,000.00 3rd party Liability to ride FSRs.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    If an under age unlicensed driver is allowed to operate an ATV on a FSR, should an underage non licensed driver of a 3/4 ton pickup be allowed to operate on a FSR? I do not want to be driving on a FSR and come face to face with an inexperienced operator of either. There are efforts being made to figure out a system where certain exeptions or supervised operation could exist.

At this time, any ORV operating on a FSR must be Registered and Licensed, have a minimum $200,000.00 3rd party liability and being operated by a valid motor vehicle licensed person. That has been the law for some time. That has not changed.

This new legislation has brought a lot of information to some people.
    So a child can't use a child size atv? I could understand if I was unaware of a 16 or older rule but everyone driving an ATV has to have a valid DL?

Quote Originally Posted by fishingguy44 View Post
    So a child can't use a child size atv? I could understand if I was unaware of a 16 or older rule but everyone driving an ATV has to have a valid DL?
    That's the government fun police for ya. Don't forget to vote libtard/dipper.

On a "FSR" Forest Serice Road you must have a valid drivers license and have a minimum $200,000.00 3rd party liability Insurance. I have been riding for more than 14 years and that has always been a law. Legislated under the Forest Act long before this Govt came to power. Might have been the NDP.

yuppers...no more dirtbiking for the kids...just xbox and social networking...