Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: ORV Registration

Re: ORV Registration

And what about barter,trade... Forget about bought ! How in the hell do you tax that! I put up /repaired a fence for my friend... Got a quad that needed to be repaired in return... Traded a fishing rod for the quad.. So many senarios ! Just throw bought out of the equation ... Ya never bought it

If you don't have any paperwork for a used quad that you have bought just fill out an Unregistered vehicle and missing signature declaration form. Then you can take that form to a Service BC office and they can noterize it for $16. Then you take that form to an insurance broker. It's just that easy. I went through it all yesterday. Worst part was paying the $1000 tax on my atv which I've had for 3 years already. I just registerd it, I didn't bother with the highway crossing permit. BCWF will hopefully cover the liability.

Quote Originally Posted by firstshot View Post
    If you don't have any paperwork for a used quad that you have bought just fill out an Unregistered vehicle and missing signature declaration form. Then you can take that form to a Service BC office and they can noterize it for $16. Then you take that form to an insurance broker. It's just that easy. I went through it all yesterday. Worst part was paying the $1000 tax on my atv which I've had for 3 years already. I just registerd it, I didn't bother with the highway crossing permit. BCWF will hopefully cover the liability.
    You paid $1000 in tax? ouch!!

What's the deal with home made ORV's
    I have a couple of them.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

Hmmm... Maybe the whole registration thing is to collect back taxes

What is the tax% ?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Ya All Think ! F*Ck Them ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Yes and I bet it goes into general revenue to line some ones pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetteman View Post
    I registered both my machines back in December. A 2004 ATV purchased used in '06 or '07, (I really can't remember when) and a 2007 model ATV. Paid $48.00 each. No tax was required to be collected. Read the documentation supplied to my agent by ICBC which said I wouldn't have to pay tax. Put $96.00 on my VISA and walked out with my two plates. All done! (I hope) We'll see
    Dave
    so now a couple of months have passed since you registered , I am curious if you have gotten a letter from the gov asking for taxes on those two machines? keep us posted. Also I am wondering if you had to declare a value of each machine at the time of registration?

Quote Originally Posted by xcaribooer View Post
    so now a couple of months have passed since you registered , I am curious if you have gotten a letter from the gov asking for taxes on those two machines? keep us posted. Also I am wondering if you had to declare a value of each machine at the time of registration?
    I've had no contact from the tax people and I don't expect any. When the registration policy was being brought into play, the stakeholder groups (BCWF etc) were assured that ORV's purchased before July 1st 2010 would be exempt from paying tax.
    One of my machines was bought new so I had the original bill of sale. No issues with that. For my other machine, because it was bought used and I had no paperwork to prove ownership, I filled out the declaration which included the price I paid for it, the date of purchase ( which I had to guess at ), had it notarized and gave it to my insurance agent.
    Dave