Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ORV Registration

ORV Registration

BCWF Welcomes New Outdoor Recreational Vehicle Policy

BCWF recently issued a news release in support of the Province of B.C.'s new regulations on Outdoor Recreational Vehicles (ORVs) including ATVs, snowmobiles, dirtbikes, and side-by-sides.

BCWF believes that the new regulations will help curtail irresponsible ORV use, and we would like to encourage all of our members to register their vehicles when the process becomes available on Monday, November 17th.

ORV owners will have until June 1st, 2015 to complete the one-time process, which includes a $48 fee and the issuing of a number plate for the vehicle. The process has been integrated into the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia's (ICBC) motor vehicle registry, meaning that ORV owners can register at any of the more than 900 ICBC insurance agents in the province.

BCWF President George Wilson welcomed the new registration process, and encouraged all BCWF Members to register their vehicle to register well ahead of the end of the grace period in June: “BCWF welcomes this new legislation, which we hope will result in a reduction in the number of people operating ORVs in an irresponsible manner. We are encouraging our membership to register their vehicles as soon as possible, well ahead of the end of the grace period in June 2015.”

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ORV Registration

I'm all for trying to stop the idiots out there, unfortunately, only the law abiding people who are already respectful of the lands and habitats etc are the ones that will obey the new rules and regulations and when does it become too much as far as rules and regulations (ie over governing)? I will have to see all the details on this subject once they have figured them all out, last I had heard last week they were still working on many of the details and said they wouldn't have it all worked out until June, but if I find they are abusing their powers and taking away from the point of being able to access the outdoors and the ability to use the different equipment and the BCWF is still supporting them, then I may have to stop supporting the BCWF.

"which we hope will result in a reduction in the number of people operating ORVs in an irresponsible manner."
    Hope is cheap, indulge freely.
    I am not sure how plating our ORV's is going to stop people from operating in an irresponsible manner.
    They say it is a one time fee, which I don't trust.
    From my information that I have gathered no one can tell me if it is my plate or goes with the ORV if it is sold.

Quote Originally Posted by New Bow Hunter View Post
    "which we hope will result in a reduction in the number of people operating ORVs in an irresponsible manner."
    Hope is cheap, indulge freely.
    I am not sure how plating our ORV's is going to stop people from operating in an irresponsible manner.
    They say it is a one time fee, which I don't trust.
    From my information that I have gathered no one can tell me if it is my plate or goes with the ORV if it is sold.
    If I recall ..it is a one time fee and then a yearly fee after that .... if the plate did go with the atv it would then be reregistered with the new owner ... for a fee
    yup sounds like a money grab to me .

Time to write to your local politician and vehemently condem this money grabbing bullshit - tell them you feel so strongly about it you may even cast your ballot for the other side to punish them for it.

Scare the crap out of them, and let's see how long they try and fleece us!

Remember that PST stunt they tried pulling sometime ago - Funny how that turned out eh? All it needs is enough people complaining and this BS will disapear down the same drain hole.
    Last edited by Ranger95; 11-13-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger95 View Post
    Time to write to your local politician and vehemently condem this money grabbing bullshit - tell them you feel so strongly about it you may even cast your ballot for the other side to punish them for it.

Scare the crap out of them, and let's see how long they try and fleece us!

Remember that PST stunt they tried pulling sometime ago - Funny how that turned out eh? All it needs is enough people complaining and this BS will disapear down the same drain hole.
    yes good idea. Then when the. ndp get in,Then they can make more parks and rape us some more.

Thumbs down Re: ORV Registration

Yep, we are from the government and we are here to help you.
    "Life is too short."

This is a one time registration and not an annual event. The BCWF quit the Outdoor Rec Council over the registration issue, they wanted annual registration with a fee going to 3rd parties for trail building and maintenance, we only supported the one time registry. If you have had your orv since before 2010 you do not have to prove that the taxes have been paid and the plate stays with the orv if you sell it as it currently does with snowmobiles. Please also remember that the agents doing the registration are being paid for their work as well as the people at ICBC.

Is there an ongoing annual fee?
    Steven rupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Is there an ongoing annual fee?
    Steven rupp
    No there is not. One time fee.

But like any other thing the government operates it could change sometime in the future or an increase in the one time fee...
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI