Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Conservation officers finding too many hunters driving with loaded guns

Re: Conservation officers finding too many hunters driving with loaded guns

Totally illegal in Canada, but there is zero safety risk in driving around with an open bolt action with the magazine already inserted, a pump shotty with the mag tube loaded but nothing in the chamber, or semi with a loaded mag an action closed. No amount of bouncing around in that car is going to jack one in, lock the bolt, pump the shotty, cycle the semi and pull the trigger. That is all nanny state stuff. Lazy way to write laws at the least. Fair chase issue under the Wildlife Act at best, but it's not. It's a federal transport law under the Firearms Act in the name of safety which is bogus.

As far as shooting off a vehicle, whether it's just elbows or not, the reality is that aspects are either undefined or open to interpretation, so it is up to the CO whether you are charged and up to the judge if you are convicted. If there is already case law on the books (I have no idea) that might influence judges decisions to a degree.

Never shot anything other than birds from a road, but we keep our shooting sticks tucked between the seat and doors (drivers and passenger side) in the event a rest is ever needed. Much more versatile than relying on figuring out the best part of the truck to prop elbows on anyway. No need to risk anything over having a rest that way
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-14-2019 at 09:56 PM.

How many of them can't speak or read English?

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    How many of them can't speak or read English?
    Asking the important questions!!

Hahah

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Wink Re: Conservation officers finding too many hunters driving with loaded guns

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    Silly boys drive with loaded guns..
    we were checked by CO's coming out of 6-01 on our way home a few weeks ago.
    After he finished swearing at us for not stopping my 9500 lb trailer on snow within 100 feet ,all our guns were checked and ok'd.
    Didn't appreciate his foul language nor the volumne.
    Quess he didn't like being called young feller by this old fart..
    He was a miserable SOB that day..

Obviously you did forget to tell the CO that the conversation will be recorded for Safety & Educational purposes.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    That was exactly what I was getting at Gate. Pretty soon we'll all be thinking that in order to be safe our guns and ammo will need to be locked up separately from each other while we are driving around in the field.

What about shooting from a vehicle? It is my understanding that if you are crippled you can get a letter that allows you to shoot from a motorized vehicle. How does that letter make you any safer to shoot from a vehicle than it does a guy that doesn't have a letter? It doesn't and that person would still be handling a loaded firearm in the vehicle.
    Good Point !

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

I’d drive with a loaded gun if it was legal.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Obviously you did forget to tell the CO that the conversation will be recorded for Safety & Educational purposes.

Cheers
    Sounds like the CO Jeff Palm from Burns Lake, young guy, real short hair probably had his hand on his holster when walking up to your truck too.....
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

If people are driving with a loaded gun they are most likely shooting out the window to...

tough to do without spilling a drink
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Sounds like the CO Jeff Palm from Burns Lake, young guy, real short hair probably had his hand on his holster when walking up to your truck too.....
    Don't know about him.
    Have heard of one CO (who I have met and seemed very nice at the time albeit he was with other CO's and one I knew), who some other
    hunters were complaining that he was approaching hunters with one hand pretty much on the grip.

Hard to say these days if I was a CO if I would feel that way or be old school and think the best of people before hand???