Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    usually last half of june or first week of july on a Monday or Tuesday..here is a link to a site about moose where they list the draw times in the past https://www.all-about-moose.com/limi...y-hunting.html
    Thank you for that link.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked before but....

Has there been any thought or discussion around returning your successful LEH draw. On occasion, and if you have horseshoes where the sun don't shine, you can receive multiple success LEH draws that may coincide with each other. Thus you are forced to burn one your draws. Or maybe you cannot use the draw for whatever reason (work, sickness, finance, spouse). Instead of just throwing the draw away, there could be an mechanism to return/reassign the draw for some one else.

Maybe it does not occur that often or maybe I live in a world of rainbows and unicorns, but it would be nice to realize those wasted draws.
    From what I understand they offer more tags than they actually want open to harvest with the idea that a certain percentage of lucky winners don't get to actually do the hunt or shoot an leh animal. It's all fancy stats and smoke and mirrors but I believe that is the gist of what they do.

I saw this warning message today on the BC Government Limited Entry Hunting Page...Limited Entry Hunting (LEH)

Wildlife data collection and decisions supporting Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) are ongoing. The opening date for 2022 Fall LEH applications will be announced as soon as possible. Please check back here for updates.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...-entry-hunting

I don't recall seeing that in previous years and would have expected it to be coming out any day now. I take this warning message to mean it won't be coming out anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunt View Post
    I saw this warning message today on the BC Government Limited Entry Hunting Page...Limited Entry Hunting (LEH)

Wildlife data collection and decisions supporting Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) are ongoing. The opening date for 2022 Fall LEH applications will be announced as soon as possible. Please check back here for updates.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...-entry-hunting

I don't recall seeing that in previous years and would have expected it to be coming out any day now. I take this warning message to mean it won't be coming out anytime soon.
    Probably means they are still working on things for 7B.

indians have not submitted 2 things..
    1.....all the LEHS they are saying NO to..stomp..pout..whine..
    2.... how much money they want for having to say no to LEH..
    Srupp

IF they go ahead with this there will be a revolt in 7b when all the locals get the so sorry answer to their leh applications. Those guys and gals already harbour a strong dislike for the NDP, they might just go ahead and hunt so they give the govt a big finger.

^^^^^^ this, Folks up here are already getting ready to say F U Dippers ..
    We will eat Moose whether you like it or not
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

It all started with the grizzly closer big game hunting in BC is in trouble.
    Start hunting as much as you can in the next 5 years as there will be more species closing and going to LEH sad but true.

Way to many tree huggers in the city and that's where all the population is.
    Harder and harder to even hunt a duck in the lowermainland with out getting a dirty look.
    So get out there and hunt hard gentlemen when its still good and open.
    Just my two cents.

Just called the number listed on the LEH webpage. It says expect synopsis to be out “sometime in the middle of May”. So for those who get drawn, won’t have much time to plan a hunt this year. Results will be late.

Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    It all started with the grizzly closer big game hunting in BC is in trouble.
    Start hunting as much as you can in the next 5 years as there will be more species closing and going to LEH sad but true.

Way to many tree huggers in the city and that's where all the population is.
    Harder and harder to even hunt a duck in the lowermainland with out getting a dirty look.
    So get out there and hunt hard gentlemen when its still good and open.
    Just my two cents.
    It all started with the implementation of the LEH system and has slowly spread. Less and less opportunity every season unless you have enough coin to hire an outfitter for your hunts. They put moose on LEH and dangle a carrot on the end of a stick and call it a GOS spike fork season.