Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

I was successful on my moose draw for any bull in the Okanagan region in October. Anyone out there that knows of a bull out there that wants to split it with me?

Quote Originally Posted by kunkelowna View Post
    I was successful on my moose draw for any bull in the Okanagan region in October. Anyone out there that knows of a bull out there that wants to split it with me?
    Saw these specimens last year at one of my fave spots. Unfortunately it was a couple days before spike fork moose was legal. I was solo myself & even if it was legal, I probably would not have taken him. Too much animal to get out of there alone. Not sure they're still there, but with a cow & calf chances are good.

Since it was time to head back anyway, I decided to see how close I could get on the way out. Cow took notice, but didn't get too disturbed & continued feeding. The spiker had vacated by that time. I hung a left & headed thru the woods to find the trail back.
    Last edited by mike31154; 09-17-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Awesome! Where abouts is this? I'll share some moose if I bag 'em

Why are areas that don’t have limited entry, close areas for moose hunting Oct 1/21 thru Oct 15 during the rut.Yet areas with limited entry’s allow hunters to still hunter during the rut?

Let’s go with the same system as Alberta, it’s a bit much when you put in for 30 years for an island elk draw. Only to see that the system has been catering to new hunters with successful draw results.

When is the LEH synopsis going to be up? I find the current site a bit jumbled up…..

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    When is the LEH synopsis going to be up? I find the current site a bit jumbled up…..
    The first person that asks this question each year has to by every one a beer.....
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The first person that asks this question each year has to by every one a beer.....
    Yup...them's the rules
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

With the way our beautiful province is getting taken away from us regular Joes or hunt in, I may get forced to look at hunting in Alberta or farther afield with relatives.
    As far as LEH, I have been treating it as a game the last few years. That’s the only way I can
    keep sort of sane and enjoy using my firearms.. a sad commentary !

Quote Originally Posted by 338 Mag View Post
    Why are areas that don’t have limited entry, close areas for moose hunting Oct 1/21 thru Oct 15 during the rut.Yet areas with limited entry’s allow hunters to still hunter during the rut?
    If you have limited entry for moose there is no problem finding a bull moose to take so there is no sense in closing it for the rut, makes no difference if you take your bull in September or October. But no need to worry about that now because I don't think there will ever be areas that don't have moose on LEH.