Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Thank you ! In regards to a Group Hunt not a Shared hunt . I understand there is no group hunt for moose in the province where all group members get to each harvest one animal ? . Example 4 members in the group 4 moose or 2 in the group 2 moose ? Or for that matter any species ?

So why is a Group Hunt even mentioned saying that all group members will receive an authorization ? Am I missing something here ??
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    #1 - Correct, it will ultimately be the same as a single draw LEH if one is successful on their own.

#2 - Group hunt vs Shared hunt. A group hunt, if successful, means all participants will have their own tag. Shared, means the tags allotted are shared, IE. 2 moose for 4 hunters.
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 05-26-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Thank you ! In regards to a Group Hunt not a Shared hunt . I understand there is no group hunt for moose in the province where all group members get to each harvest one animal ? . Example 4 members in the group 4 moose or 2 in the group 2 moose ? Or for that matter any species ?

So why is a Group Hunt even mentioned saying that all group members will receive an authorization ? Am I missing something here ??
    Arctic Lake
    Shared hunts are for Moose and Bison only, Group hunts are for all other species.

If you are successful in a group hunt for say Mountain Goat, it means who ever else was in your group is also successful and has their own tag.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Hi,

I am looking at the Moose LEH for Region 6 - 15.

The following map is a bit hard to read :

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...ose_6-15_a.pdf

Is it the whole of region 6 - 15 that is subject to the LEH for Moose, or just a specific section of that MU ?

Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Shared hunts are for Moose and Bison only, Group hunts are for all other species.

If you are successful in a group hunt for say Mountain Goat, it means who ever else was in your group is also successful and has their own tag.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

What do Outfitters receive for Vancouver Island Elk allocations...? How many Outfitter? How many Elk for 2020?

What are a aboriginal indians receiving for Island Elk allocations...quantity..? What are the total quantities remaining / avail for general public.. ???

Thanks
    Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Island_bern View Post
    What do Outfitters receive for Vancouver Island Elk allocations...? How many Outfitter? How many Elk for 2020?

What are a aboriginal indians receiving for Island Elk allocations...quantity..? What are the total quantities remaining / avail for general public.. ???

Thanks
    Bernie

hahaha id be shocked if they ever told you that peasant. This government is not about disclosure. Ruling with an iron fist !

Guides get about 20 per year. Not sure of the numbers but the split between aboriginals and residents is around 50 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Why can't the draw be earlier in the year?, so that winners can have more time to plan.
    Most folks book holidays for the following year prior to the end of the current year.
    Agreed most companies want holidays booked in january which is hard to do if you don't know what dates you need until the end of June

Another LEH opportunity gone.

After applying, I received a call from the Ministry that the new Elk LEH in the Toba River would "probably not take place" and they strongly suggested that I should apply for another area.

I asked if this was due to relations with the local FN group, and was told that it was "part of the issue".

The bottom 5km's of the river valley are reserve, but in the past five years, all non band members have been asked to leave the entire 70+km valley, and then threatened if they do not comply. Crab fishermen in the bay, fly fishermen on the river, jet boaters and private land holders upstream of the reserve have all been confronted. (Unless you want to pay for a grizzly watching adventure) You are not welcome.

Another slice of BC crown land where you are legally aloud to enter, but cannot go.