Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Ok so here is my question (PM me ) when is the close date for entries on line? Where is the best place for moose and lots of elk? Coming from Victoria. Thanks for the help in advance

ENHANCED ODDSFor hunters who have not won an LEHauthorization recently, enhanced oddsincrease their chances by reducingthe chances of those who have beensuccessful in recent years. If youwere successful in receiving an LEHauthorization for any species, except deer,your odds will be reduced for that species.If you were successful for elk in regions 1or 2 or moose anywhere in the provinceyour odds are reduced by 66% for 3 yearsfor that species. If you were successful forany other species, except deer, your oddsare reduced by 50% for one year

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Last year I was successful getting an antlerless mule deer draw, so now I'm reduced odds this year, wondering if I put in for a group/shared hunt if it reduces odds on everybody involved? Thanks.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

How quick are the results going to be released since it's all online this year? I'm sure no one has the exact answer but has anyone heard if it's still going to be 6-8 weeks or should it be a quicker turnaround?

Last year I was successful getting an antlerless mule deer draw, so now I'm reduced odds this year, wondering if I put in for a group/shared hunt if it reduces odds on everybody involved? Thanks.
    That won't matter too much as we know people that get drawn year after year while others get NIL year after year. From what we have seen the reduced odds thing doesn't work as it should, which could be to your benefit!

First of all it is clearly stated in the LEH Synopsis that you do not have your odds reduced for an anterless deer draw in subsequent years following success.

This is from the synopsis under the "Enhanced Odds" heading on page 2.

"If you were successful in receiving an LEH authorization for any species, except deer,your odds will be reduced for that species."

On a side note, if anyone in your group/shared hunt is on reduced odds for a moose or bison for example, then everyone in the group/shared hunt will have reduced odds for that particular entry.

This is from the synopsis under the "Group Hunts" heading also on page 2 and continues on page 3.

"If any member of a group was drawn for the same species the previous year, the entire group is subject to reduced odds."

Hope this helps.

last light
    Last edited by last light; 05-27-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigOC View Post
    How quick are the results going to be released since it's all online this year? I'm sure no one has the exact answer but has anyone heard if it's still going to be 6-8 weeks or should it be a quicker turnaround?
    Arguably it takes longer now since they have to print all them out first to put in that bowl in a conference hall, to do the lottery.

What? It's the government, your guess at how it operates is as good as mine!

July 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    ENHANCED ODDSFor hunters who have not won an LEHauthorization recently, enhanced oddsincrease their chances by reducingthe chances of those who have beensuccessful in recent years. If youwere successful in receiving an LEHauthorization for any species, except deer,your odds will be reduced for that species.If you were successful for elk in regions 1or 2 or moose anywhere in the provinceyour odds are reduced by 66% for 3 yearsfor that species. If you were successful forany other species, except deer, your oddsare reduced by 50% for one year
    I've known people to get bull moose LEH draws in 4 or 5 to 1 odds draws multiple years in a row. So I wonder exactly how that can happen with 66% reduced odds?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I've known people to get bull moose LEH draws in 4 or 5 to 1 odds draws multiple years in a row. So I wonder exactly how that can happen with 66% reduced odds?
    it can still happen because their odds are not reduced 100%....its a random draw some people are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    If a draw is 5:1, and you have 66% reduced odds, your odds are now 7.5:1. That's not too much worse off, totally possible you hit 4 years in a row with 7.5:1 while someone with 5:1 misses four years in a row.