Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

out of province hunters w/ host can only hunt GOS
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

when is the leh

Christy Clark and her sidekick Stevie gave them all to the guides. No LEH until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by justin6688 View Post
    when is the leh

Of course this is a little joke. Hello GOABC
    Last edited by Whonnock Boy; 02-28-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Can someone shed some light on the number of authorizations and odds for the leh draw. More specifically I'm curious how some mu can have say 60 authorizations with 1:1 odds and others give 2 authorizations with 18:1 odds. I suspect it's related to number of animals and access in that mu. I was looking at moose the draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlarge View Post
    Can someone shed some light on the number of authorizations and odds for the leh draw. More specifically I'm curious how some mu can have say 60 authorizations with 1:1 odds and others give 2 authorizations with 18:1 odds. I suspect it's related to number of animals and access in that mu. I was looking at moose the draws.
    You wont know what the odds of getting drawn were until after the draw .... the odds posted in the LEH paper are last years , based on number of tags available and number of applications .

With odds like you mentioned, there are only two things possible. The 60 tags are probably for an area with no access and a few moose. They give out that many tags as they know most guys wont go and the success will be low. So they give out 60 tags with the hope that maybe 5-6 moose (their allowable harvest) are killed. The two tag area also has a low number of moose but has great access and great success. So in this unit getting drawn is almost a guaranteed moose. The allowable harvest is also only a few moose, so the government only gives out 2 tags as they know those tags will most likely be filled every year. The high odds are because everybody always sees moose in there on every trip and probably knows someone that has had the draw and got a bull the first morning.

High odd hunts like that also happen close to large populations. The moose draws around Kelowna are always in the 30-40:1 range, because a ton of hunters put in for them as its close to home and they might see a moose while deer hunting.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

That's kinda what I thought. The reason I ask is because the area we usually put in for seems to be getting harder to get drawn every year. It only has 2 authorizations also. However we have pulled a moose out of it every time we have been drawn.

The adjacent mu has twice as likely odds to get drawn and 5 times more authorizations. I was just thinking of putting in for something different this year.

on a separate note are the odds determined directly on how many people put in for that draw and how many authorizations they give?

Originally Posted by TRACKnTRAIL Have they ever considered going to an LEH system similar to Alberta's with an odds system instead of random?
    that is my question ???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    Two votes for this one.
    X2 WHY can't the process be digitized instead of students handbombing information into a computer in Victoria. Most lotteries function that way??? This might speed up the process
    "LIFE IS GOOD"

on a separate note are the odds determined directly on how many people put in for that draw and how many authorizations they give?
    yes but the odds published are for the previous years hunts as someone has mentioned. So when this years LEH regs come out, the odds stated are from last year. Guys forget or don't know that then complain when they don't get a draw that's listed as 1:1. That hunt's odds were last years. So this year, although it says 1:1, may have 6 guys apply thinking its 1:1 where in fact it becomes 6:1. Then the five that did not get draws call the system corrupt as they should have got the draw.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.