Page 55 of 98 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

What do you do if you lose your mailed draw..

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead68 View Post
    What do you do if you lose your mailed draw..
    Call 250 356 5142. They will send you out a new one.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Call 250 356 5142. They will send you out a new one.

Thank you very much.

This is a great idea! Lets join the internet revolution, I heard it's here to stay!

Bison draws
    I have LEH synopsis going back as far as 1992/93 season. I was wondering if anyone has more info than I have for the Bison draws.

Does anyone know how far back the draws started?
    In 1992 season there was 50 authorizations. No draws from 1993 to 1995. Draws reopened in the 1996 season at 200 authorizations and numbers climbed and dropped through the years. 2010/11 saw 704 authorizations and this year have dropped to 411 authorizations.
    I have applied since the beginning and still no luck. Was 1992 the first season?
    I'll keep trying.............ha ha.
    B.C. craft beer....it's why I come home

When is the cut off to enter next years LEH draw

Ok its been awhile since I filled one out. What r the dates.when do I start filling out my options and when is the dead line to have them in. And when do the results come out

Quote Originally Posted by BChunter View Post
    I would like to know, how many draws are submitted by residents with hunter numbers that never hunt to "save" an animal? Will the ministry tell us the truth? Attended a meeting once a few years ago to discuss changes to the LEH program. Everyone wanted at points system that would eventually give a person a points priority chance at a draw. Too much sense! Obviously, they went away and completely ignored the good-ol-boys. I have applied for draws since their beginning and never recieved anything worth a "pinch of coon shit"! Maybe they should have a skunk or racoon draw with a shovel in region 2. I might get lucky before I die of old age!
    Makes no difference if people apply for draws and don't hunt, in fact they only help us by giving up their money. Most LEH draws are figured on a three to one ratio, if 200 animals are open for harvest, 600 people will be drawn. If resident hunters are not fulfilling a harvest target, it will be looked at to determine why and changes may be made to remove any real or perceived obstacles to achieving the harvest goal. After doing what can be done to encourage/help resident hunters achieve their harvest goal and still not seeing them achieve it, then and only then moving some resident quota to guide outfitters will be considered. The bottom line being if 200 animals are to be harvested, they will be harvested .. either by residents or non-residents and guide outfitters. The buying of an LEH entry to "save an animal" doesn't work .. but don't tell "them" that, let them keep giving up their money for our cause.

As for your comments about the LEH system here in BC vs the point system they have in Alberta .... that debate has been beaten to death and "most" people once educated about the realities of both systems realize our system is better and opt to keep it .. which is why we still have it! The main issue people have with our system is it does have the "luck" component and as you have seen first hand .... some people are really unlucky.
    Last edited by TPK; 02-13-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Gents...I have a good friend with a farm in the Vanderhoof area...every winter he has elk coming in and destrying the large round hay bales. Deer and moose are not a problem, you hardly know they were there...but elk...they destroy the bales...So, my question is this, how does one apply for, or find an LEH for Jan-Feb to harvest nuisance elk? Does the landowner need to apply for special tags, or is a late season LEH available,,
    Thank you

I've got a question about shared hunts for moose, if I haven't been drawn in the last 3 years and I apply with a group that has members who have been successful in the last 3 years then are my odds reduced for the next 3 years even if no one is drawn?