Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by Benthos View Post
    I'm sure many won't like this idea, but what about giving priority, or should i say, slightly better odds for residents of a particular management unit.

i.e. if you live in region 7, you have better odds of getting a draw for region 7.

nothing more frustrating than to live with all the moose, all year long, but have half the population of the lower mainland coming up to shoot your moose because they all get draws and the local residents don't!

Just a thought.

alright, kill me!
    yes, i live in region 7 and it's been a long time since i saw a draw. it would even be nice if there was a certain % of the draw for local hunters. it won't happen though. at one time i had good success when i chose all the ugliest areas to hunt with good odds as few wanted to hunt them. that changed once the odds once you were chosen went down. now i look for the elusive two point.
    spring is here. now to plan for the upcoming season

Quote Originally Posted by Duidery View Post
    Hello

Are you able to apply for the Peace region 7 LEH elk and the Van Island region 1 LEH elk in the same year?
    only as first and second choice.
    I vote for a digital application. so much more efficient but then we will face computor glitches.
    Last edited by canadianyoda; 05-21-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    spring is here. now to plan for the upcoming season

Typically when are results available online?

Quote Originally Posted by tinpusher View Post
    If you add a month onto the date they are due, so this year May 24th, make it June 24th. Around then.

My vision might not be 100% but in the 2013/2014 LEH Reg's I don't see a draw date, anyone know when the date is?
    Also, below is from the new LEH Reg's:

The Fish,Wildlife and Habitat Management Branch will not be mailing notices to applicants who are not successful in the draw. Once the draw has been run, please check the online draw status page for your results and be sure to call if you do not receive an authorization that you should. Notification of the results of the LEH draw will be available online at: www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/ hunting/resident/leh.html

When you go to that site, it doesn't exist for me.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

There is no draw date and it has not been run yet. Therefore no results website. Wait.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by tinpusher View Post
    I wondered as well, here's the official reply from LEH headquarters as of June 14th a.m.

Hello,

The LEH draw is not yet complete. We always run the draw as soon as we can each year and it usually takes approximately a month or so after the application card deadline date to complete everything. So, somewhere around the very end of June or the beginning or so of July is my best estimate for you. If you wish you can go to our website and sign up for our RSS Feed in the “Hunting News” section of our website and you will be sent a notification when anything new appears in the Hunting News, such as the LEH draw being run and results being available. Once the draw has been run you will be able to check your results on our website using your hunter number under the ‘Draw Status’ link. Here is a link to the Hunting News section if you want to sign up for the RSS Feed: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/news/

Limited Entry Hunting
    (250)356-5142
    LimitedEntry.Hunting@gov.bc.ca
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

"There is no draw date and it has not been run yet. Therefore no results website. Wait. "

I know it has not been run yet but they always had the draw date in the regs.

You use to go to their website, click on "check your draw" (once the draw was held) put in your hunters number and got your answer. If you went there before the draw was held
    it told you the draw was not held yet.

According to the above message it states: "Once the draw has been run you will be able to check your results on our website using your hunter number under the ‘Draw Status’ link".................so now it seems to me, you have to wait until the draw has happened but they don't tell you when the draw is going to take place like they use to do.

They have never told you when the draw would be run. They do say that your cards have to be in by a certain date and this year it was may 24. After that it has always been a waiting game and you just keep checking the site.

I'm waitingggggg..................
    Am I going on a December carribean cruise or am I going on a December elk hunt?