Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    Does. Anyone know when grizz and sheep leh will be drew
    I think Spring Grizz ended Feb 8th.

Can you buy multiple entries for the same species or are you limited to on entry per species?

One entry per species
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by cbb View Post
    Hi. Do you know of a list of farmer's that it is ok to contact regarding permission to hunt elk in the 7-20A winter leh hunt? any info would be great!

Get a hold of the local CO's office. If any of the property owners are having an excessive Elk problem on their farm, they would know and can point you in the right direction.
    MDRGC
    BCWF
    NFA

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfy42 View Post
    A friend of mine called victoria a few months ago when the LEH came out and he hadn't gotten a draw of any type since 1996. He called for answers on why he hadn't been drawn for any species in 15 years. The LEH person whoever it was he talked to in Victoria told him that a bunch of people just got fired for scamming the entire system for years. They were giving tags to friends, relatives or basically whoever they wanted. The entire LEH system is going to be re vamped for next year. Example - Moose hunting - If you get drawn, there is no more 50% odds for 3 years after. It will be 0 percent odds and you will not be drawn, but you still need to keep buying tags and applying every year until 3 years pass.

We will see what happens.
    Nothing in 15 years? What species has he applied for and in what MU's? Some of the odds for certain areas/species can be quite daunting. I find that 15 years with no draw is a bit of a stretch to credibility. Did anyone think to ask if your friend filled the cards out correctly? Just sayin'...
    Last edited by Ltbullken; 03-07-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Can you buy multiple entries for the same species or are you limited to on entry per species?
    ONE card per species, Group or Shared Hunt included, 1st and 2nd choices only. Nor can you do an individual hunt for one choice and a shared/group hunt for a second choice.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

I think claims like this need to be substantiated. There appears a whole lot of urban/rural myth out there about the nebulous manner in which the LEH is conducted. It would be great if we actually got some clarity from Ministry clearing up a lot of this, "I have a friend...", "I once heard about this guy who was told by a CO..."
    I pay my money, buy my tags and figure I still have better odds than if I were to buy a 6/49 ticket.
    "How, given the canine teeth and close-set eyes that declare the human animal to be a predator, had we come up with the notion that oat bran is more natural to eat than chicken?" Valerie Martin, The Great Divorce

for some reason my message above did not include the quote I was replying to and the "Edit Post" doesn't appear to be working properly. This is the quote I was replying to:
    "Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

A friend of mine called victoria a few months ago when the LEH came out and he hadn't gotten a draw of any type since 1996. He called for answers on why he hadn't been drawn for any species in 15 years. The LEH person whoever it was he talked to in Victoria told him that a bunch of people just got fired for scamming the entire system for years. They were giving tags to friends, relatives or basically whoever they wanted. The entire LEH system is going to be re vamped for next year. Example - Moose hunting - If you get drawn, there is no more 50% odds for 3 years after. It will be 0 percent odds and you will not be drawn, but you still need to keep buying tags and applying every year until 3 years pass.

We will see what happens. "
    "How, given the canine teeth and close-set eyes that declare the human animal to be a predator, had we come up with the notion that oat bran is more natural to eat than chicken?" Valerie Martin, The Great Divorce

I'll say it again to keep it fresh.

I think there should be more group hunts created , for more species.
    Bison and Elk can all be group hunts , they are big enough to be shared. Having more than one tag in a camp is a sure way to increase participation.
    Griz should be group or shared , as no one goes out alone for these anyways and having two shooters would clear up the shenanigans that go on over who is the shooter.

Oh, yeah , the Question
    why aren't there more species under group hunts?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    I'll say it again to keep it fresh.

I think there should be more group hunts created , for more species.
    Bison and Elk can all be group hunts , they are big enough to be shared. Having more than one tag in a camp is a sure way to increase participation.
    Griz should be group or shared , as no one goes out alone for these anyways and having two shooters would clear up the shenanigans that go on over who is the shooter.

Oh, yeah , the Question
    why aren't there more species under group hunts?
    Yes, now that the Allocation Policy was signed off the LEH policy and procedures needs a revamp - thanks for the reminder!
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela