Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: leh draw?

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What they should do in the following yrs is put a count down clock on their website.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Well its 4:21 now and still no draw.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

System must have crashed

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

This thread started out as a Q/A thread regarding the LEH process. That part of the thread is long gone, so I'm locking this thread now.

Start specific threads for specific info about specific LEH draws.

*******Due to a misunderstanding, a mod was placing everything to do with LEH into THIS thread. I've just deleted hundreds of posts that are not on the topic of this thread, which is LEH process. Some valid posts may have been caught up in the mass deletions.

Feel free to post your "I got a bison in 7-57, need directions" or "Goat in 4-23, where is MU 4-23?" threads separately.

This thread is now reopened for people to discuss LEH PROCESS ONLY.
    Last edited by Gateholio; 06-27-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    They have minimal staff,minimal support and are not one of the government units that any MLA cares to trow money or attention at.
    Doing the best they can...
    They definately need some help if improvements are to happen. But with the current priorities I doubt that will ever happen.
    We just have to learn patience when waiting to be told we won a Mature Bull Nil yet again!!
    Wonder who we would have to start talking to in govt to see if part of our hunting license fees could be directed back into services that benifit us IE. leh process
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Statistics for hunter effort and success are reported by species and Management unit, including all hunts by resis and non-resis. The same info is not available for a specific LEH hunt.
    Is it possible to have a report available, containing actual permit numbers issued, Hunter numbers, Hunter effort in days, and success rate ?
    Yes yes, I think that's a great question, Boxhitch. I have wondered the same many times. I know some LEH hunters who devote the season to filling the tag, and others successful on the draw end up too 'busy' to go hunting...
    If the draw or the results were available earlier it would be easier to plan a big hunt trip. A number of short weeks to plan a major trip up north, book time off etc, is crazy stress.

there has to be a way that they can make it so that everyone who enters eventually gets drawn.
    there's no way that one guy should be getting drawn year after year after year, while another hasn't been drawn in over twenty years.
    that is flawed and should not nappen.

A friend of mine called victoria a few months ago when the LEH came out and he hadn't gotten a draw of any type since 1996. He called for answers on why he hadn't been drawn for any species in 15 years. The LEH person whoever it was he talked to in Victoria told him that a bunch of people just got fired for scamming the entire system for years. They were giving tags to friends, relatives or basically whoever they wanted. The entire LEH system is going to be re vamped for next year. Example - Moose hunting - If you get drawn, there is no more 50% odds for 3 years after. It will be 0 percent odds and you will not be drawn, but you still need to keep buying tags and applying every year until 3 years pass.

We will see what happens.

Amen to that brother!
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchbar View Post
    Ask him when the hell im ever going to get a MOOSE draw---just kidding ,but it would sure be nice to get a draw sometime in my lifetime.