Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Is it out yet
    Somebody call a doctor!!! It's been longer than 4 hours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    it was in last years regs, and the year before. Just because you don't find it in one small section doesn't mean its not there. Trust us, it was there. Been reading it for a while now.
    There's some discussion of reduced odds in general but I would bet money that there's nothing specific about how shared hunt reduced odds work.

leh_11_12.pdf

Anyhow I'm glad they have definitely cleared it up this year.
    Last edited by reach; 06-19-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Changed to less snotty tone

It would be great if something could be done to increase the chances for unsuccessful applicants. Just off the top of my head,
    the first year a hunter applies for a certain draw his application is single. If he's unsuccessful, the second year he applies for
    that draw there are two applications with his number on them in the pot. No luck, the third year he applies for that same draw
    he gets four applications with his number on them thrown in the pot. He gets drawn that third year, and for year four if he applies
    for that draw he's back to a single application. I think that would balance things out and let hunters with notoriously bad luck get
    drawn every three or four years because they've got enough bonus applications in the box to get them a draw. How's that sound?
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post
    It would be great if something could be done to increase the chances for unsuccessful applicants. Just off the top of my head,
    the first year a hunter applies for a certain draw his application is single. If he's unsuccessful, the second year he applies for
    that draw there are two applications with his number on them in the pot. No luck, the third year he applies for that same draw
    he gets four applications with his number on them thrown in the pot. He gets drawn that third year, and for year four if he applies
    for that draw he's back to a single application. I think that would balance things out and let hunters with notoriously bad luck get
    drawn every three or four years because they've got enough bonus applications in the box to get them a draw. How's that sound?

Makes too much sense for the Government, that kind of thinking gets you fired.

Would not work other then for a few hunts here in BC. Most of the LEH hunts have odds above 10:1, so some guys would be waiting for 10 years before they would get drawn. What about the 20:1 hunts and above say for sheep, if you started hunting when you were 20 and did not apply the very first year the system came in you would not draw a tag for at least 20 years. The way we have it a person always has a chance to draw.

The system you speak of works well in Alberta as something like 75% of their hunts have odds of 6:1 and less, so in theory you would get a tag every 6 years. There was a post on here from the LEH guys that explained this.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    it was in last years regs, and the year before. Just because you don't find it in one small section doesn't mean its not there. Trust us, it was there. Been reading it for a while now.

Lol, yup , think he better read ALL the regs , its there , its like find waldo haha , see if he can find it
    Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!

Quote Originally Posted by lightmag View Post
    Lol, yup , think he better read ALL the regs , its there , its like find waldo haha , see if he can find it
    I can't find it. I've looked. I posted last year's regs a few posts back - I would honestly appreciate it if someone would show me where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    I can't find it. I've looked. I posted last year's regs a few posts back - I would honestly appreciate it if someone would show me where it is.
    http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife.../leh_10_11.pdf

It is highlighted on page 4!!! TRUST US, it has been this way for some time.

Bighornbob, with my idea of doubling the applications for every year that a hunter isn't drawn for an LEH hunt, the first year you get one application, second unsuccessful year you get two, year three you get four applications, year four you get eight applications, year five you get sixteen applications, and if you're still unlucky, for year six you get thirty-two applications for that hunt... I think it would work!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post
    Bighornbob, with my idea of doubling the applications for every year that a hunter isn't drawn for an LEH hunt, the first year you get one application, second unsuccessful year you get two, year three you get four applications, year four you get eight applications, year five you get sixteen applications, and if you're still unlucky, for year six you get thirty-two applications for that hunt... I think it would work!
    Sounds good off the hop however, at the end of the day your odds of drawing would be the same because everyone would be getting put in more as the years go on adding that many more to the pot

I may be wrong but that's how I see it
    BH