Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

when do LEH's come out

Quote Originally Posted by rugeer
    My question like a few other of the guy's, is why can't the draws come out earlier like in May giving us working men a chance at booking our holidays for trips if we don't get a draw, it would benifit every one from guides, outfitters as well as small communities that depend on our hunting revenue
    This makes 5...

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I'm in for the draws coming out in may

earlier draws would be nice...
    Also any unused tags should be re-drawn if time permitted.
    Let's say i got a tag and couldn't go, i could either transfer the tag or return it to be re-drawn?! Just an idea.

I'm sure many won't like this idea, but what about giving priority, or should i say, slightly better odds for residents of a particular management unit.

i.e. if you live in region 7, you have better odds of getting a draw for region 7.

nothing more frustrating than to live with all the moose, all year long, but have half the population of the lower mainland coming up to shoot your moose because they all get draws and the local residents don't!

Just a thought.

alright, kill me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    A few years ago, the answer to "why don't we have a points based system liek Alberta" is....

We can't.

Some hunts the odds are so high that if you started applying when you were 18 you MAY get a tag by the time you retire.

But I'll ask...

To me this makes no sense. Alberta has some draws with very high odds. At least with a points based system like Alberta you would be sure to get the draw before a person who already had it and is just putting in to try and make sure a hunter doesn't. With the current system I have putting in for moose in 3-18 for 15 years and haven't been drawn, but a guy I know has had it 3 times and never got a moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce
    I also want to vote for an on-line system and an earlier draw date.

Same here.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

i'll echo the others and vote for earlier draws and online applications as well as online reporting. A ton more people would fill out harvest questionaires if they were available to do online. And if they are available to do online somewhere then they need to advertise the fact better

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

How did we go from "the animals are for the residents of BC" to "the animals are for the residents of whichever town is closest". What a load of horse s**t.
    Last edited by Elkhound; 03-20-2007 at 10:00 AM.
    "The Rocky Mountains are the marrow of the world"

Quote Originally Posted by TRACKnTRAIL
    To me this makes no sense. Alberta has some draws with very high odds. At least with a points based system like Alberta you would be sure to get the draw before a person who already had it and is just putting in to try and make sure a hunter doesn't. With the current system I have putting in for moose in 3-18 for 15 years and haven't been drawn, but a guy I know has had it 3 times and never got a moose.
    Their high odds stuff is LEH no different than ours (Goats and Grizz when they had 'em)

The other problem with BC is the annual variability in game populations.

You could be putting in for an elk draw that's 5:1 and the year you're gonna go to 5 there's a massive winter kill. Your odds just went up to 20:1, doesn't sound all that great if your body is getting tired.

For some of our species a priority system would work but the high odds stuff just isn't practical.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela