Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean
    Two votes for this one.
    Make it three.....
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Im sure he is running for cover now!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Go to a digital system and get away from the stone age paper system. I hear the LEH folks spend a huge amount of time fixing errors on those paper forms. Then someone has the enter all the card data into the "super computer". Other Provinces/States have lottery systems that work well, we are not re-inventing the wheel here.

Deep breath........Ahhhhh.
    Ok I feel much better now.
    O.

Quote Originally Posted by ohno
    Go to a digital system and get away from the stone age paper system.
    I agree. I believe one of the big plus's with the electronic system is that if you do get a draw but for what ever reason can't use it, you can put that draw back into the system and it can be awarded to another hunter.

Go to a digital system and get away from the stone age paper system. I hear the LEH folks spend a huge amount of time fixing errors on those paper forms. Then someone has the enter all the card data into the "super computer". Other Provinces/States have lottery systems that work well, we are not re-inventing the wheel here.

O.
    I hope he answers this one. The answer he gave me made for some real good conversation around the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean
    Two votes for this one.
    I Go 4 Votes On This One

WoodOx Guest

O.
    I Really like this whole idea actually, alot more leh animals would be harvested I bet.

Another vote for the Alberta system - gives the ability to build up "points" per se, and then one could save up to get the animals theyd want. Then those few guys who get sheep every couple years could stop and I could get a draw!

Quote Originally Posted by TRACKnTRAIL
    Have they ever considered going to an LEH system similar to Alberta's where every year you aren't drawn your odds go up?
    I agree with that it would better circulate the tags and allow us to all have more opportunities. I have a fiend that has not officially been drawn yet in Albeta this year but is already planning the trip because statistaclly it is his year.

A few years ago, the answer to "why don't we have a points based system liek Alberta" is....

We can't.

Some hunts the odds are so high that if you started applying when you were 18 you MAY get a tag by the time you retire.

But I'll ask...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

My question like a few other of the guy's, is why can't the draws come out earlier like in May giving us working men a chance at booking our holidays for trips if we don't get a draw, it would benifit every one from guides, outfitters as well as small communities that depend on our hunting revenue