Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

This is a excellent thread. Alberta is not the only other draw system. The questions I have are

1. why don't we go to a preference point system. everybody still has a chance to draw but you get extra preference points the longer you apply 2. Then why couldn't we purchase extra preference points for cash. If you really want to hunt in a area buy preference points.
    3.why don't they update their maps so you can read them.

[quote=Fosey;203995]2. Then why couldn't we purchase extra preference points for cash. If you really want to hunt in a area buy preference points.
    quote]

Because there's alot of people that arent rich that would like a fair crack at hunting

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

[quote=mainland hunter;203999]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosey View Post
    2. Then why couldn't we purchase extra preference points for cash. If you really want to hunt in a area buy preference points.
    quote]

Because there's alot of people that arent rich that would like a fair crack at hunting

I totaly agree! its tough enough to afford a hunt let alone having to buy everything else ( liscence, fuel, vehicle repairs, wife, kids and on and on). Oh ya and brand new guns
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

In regards to reduced odds, are they for the following calendar year or the next year I actually apply? For example I drew a bull tag in 2006, I don't apply in 2007. Are my odds reduced the 50% when I apply again in 2008, or does the 50% reduction only apply in 2007? Should I save my money this year since I won't have much time to hunt moose, or send in the $6 card to get the reduced odds year out of the way?
    I did not see an answer to this one and had the same question. Do you need to apply each year to regain your odds or is just based on time?

Thanks,
    Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    In regards to reduced odds, are they for the following calendar year or the next year I actually apply? For example I drew a bull tag in 2006, I don't apply in 2007. Are my odds reduced the 50% when I apply again in 2008, or does the 50% reduction only apply in 2007? Should I save my money this year since I won't have much time to hunt moose, or send in the $6 card to get the reduced odds year out of the way?
    I believe that you're odds are reduced the next time you put in even if you don't apply for a year or two. Throw you're 6 bucks in because I also know guys that seem to get drawn year after year regardless of odds.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

I have a Peace antlerless elk hunt draw and I heard that the Peace MOE was going to set up a service where you could find out who to ask for permission to hunt, (landowners, managers). Was this list ever set up? How do I get access to it? What sort of requirements must I fill to be eligible (liability insurance, number of references, etc)?

I have phoned the numbers listed for the Peace area CO offices and get nothing but a menu that doesn't fit what I am looking for. I don't think that I am the only one that would like this information. I thought I read about it on the MOE website, but I can't seem to find it now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by freeman6 View Post
    I have a Peace antlerless elk hunt draw and I heard that the Peace MOE was going to set up a service where you could find out who to ask for permission to hunt, (landowners, managers). Was this list ever set up? How do I get access to it? What sort of requirements must I fill to be eligible (liability insurance, number of references, etc)?

I have phoned the numbers listed for the Peace area CO offices and get nothing but a menu that doesn't fit what I am looking for. I don't think that I am the only one that would like this information. I thought I read about it on the MOE website, but I can't seem to find it now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Go to their website, and email your request to the contact address, they'll email you the list, I just rec'd mine and there are over 20 names you can contact for LEH elk

13 years ago I wrote to the LEH gods saying their system is flawed and should be adapted to mirror the draws in Alberta with the point system. I got a 3 page essay back about about the pros and cons and have not had a draw for moose or elk since then even when I apply for a low odds area. Coincidence.....HMMMM? Nah just bad LOTTO LEH draw luck.

Anyone know the answer to this one...

If there are two or three of us in our party are the odds better to each apply separately or to apply as a group?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]How much you get impacted for elk depends on where you are applying. For elk in regions 1 and 2 you would have a 66% reduction for the following 3 years after receiving an elk.
    That made me laugh..since I have had never rec'd a single LEH for elk in those regions in 25 years..
    Theres no place like home! Unless of course you are out hunting!!