Page 75 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

can we apply yet for the fall draws?

Just checked.. as of this morning nope.

It's been 16 years since I've last put in for an LEH so I'm pretty fuzzy on new changes etc. Have been reading the online info a bunch this morning but I'm still unclear on some stuff. I'd like to put in for both Elk and Moose this season and I'm wondering are we allowed to put in for multiple areas for each species and if so do they have to be different date windows from each other? Also if we are drawn for more than one are we allowed to transfer that draw to someone else if we can only do one out of them if we get drawn for more than one?

Edit*** Found all the info I was looking for online.
    Last edited by 300 Wby mag; 04-10-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 300 Wby mag View Post
    It's been 16 years since I've last put in for an LEH so I'm pretty fuzzy on new changes etc. Have been reading the online info a bunch this morning but I'm still unclear on some stuff. I'd like to put in for both Elk and Moose this season and I'm wondering are we allowed to put in for multiple areas for each species and if so do they have to be different date windows from each other? Also if we are drawn for more than one are we allowed to transfer that draw to someone else if we can only do one out of them if we get drawn for more than one?
    just read through it man its really simple...also no you cant transfer your draws

Last year I was successful in getting a moose Leh draw as an individual entry. If I apply this year in a shared group hunt does my successful draw from last season reduce everyone else's chance in the group due to my reduced odds? I am confused by the explanation in the regs. It doesn't seem clear in my situation.
    Last edited by Cdog; 04-14-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Bought license and all tags today. Just waiting for leh to open

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    Last year I was successful in getting a moose Leh draw as an individual entry. If I apply this year in a shared group hunt does my successful draw from last season reduce everyone else's chance in the group due to my reduced odds? I am confused by the explanation in the regs. It doesn't seem clear in my situation.
    Yes it will reduce the entire group.

So what's the reason some odds would change?
    For example, Reg 3 goats:

3-32F:
    2018: 10 tags - 26.3:1
    2019: 10 tags - 10.5:1

3-16D:
    2018: 4 tags - 3.7:1
    2019: 4 tags - 14.5:1

So some odds got better, some worse with same number of tags .... Is this just based on a lot more people applying for 3-16D and less people applying for 3-32F ?

Excuse my ignorance but are draws open for sale now? Just looked this morning and it wouldn't let me

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    So what's the reason some odds would change?
    For example, Reg 3 goats:

3-32F:
    2018: 10 tags - 26.3:1
    2019: 10 tags - 10.5:1

3-16D:
    2018: 4 tags - 3.7:1
    2019: 4 tags - 14.5:1

So some odds got better, some worse with same number of tags .... Is this just based on a lot more people applying for 3-16D and less people applying for 3-32F ?
    Odds are based on the previous year so the change you are seeing is just a change in the number of applications from one year to the next. Quite common to see changes like you have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but are draws open for sale now? Just looked this morning and it wouldn't let me
    It's not currently working, should be in the next week or so from what I have heard.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir