Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

North of 49 . I did wonder about that ! I’m not trying to bugger it for anyone ,and I don’t want bring hardship to anyone !!
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Yeesh.....don’t ask!! You will force them to define it and you won’t like the answer. Some things are just best left alone
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    Double check that your BC Resident credentials are active. The far right of the Fish and Wildlife Profile box when you first log in. They have a three year expiry now.
    Exactly what it was - had to update BC residency. Missed that the first time round. Thanks for the advice!

TJ

Glad it worked out. Now don't win any of my draws. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    North of 49 . I did wonder about that ! I’m not trying to bugger it for anyone ,and I don’t want bring hardship to anyone !!
    Arctic Lake
    Why bother asking at all? Like the other guy said the more people that do this the more likely you'll get an answer you don't like. It wouldn't be hard for them to look at where people apply for draws and just have everyone be unsuccessful if they don't want t them trav.

Why in the world is there only one moose LEH permit for the the rut period in 6-06?

Quote Originally Posted by MontyLake View Post
    Why in the world is there only one moose LEH permit for the the rut period in 6-06?

give you one guess.

I'm wondering about the reduced odds for a successful draw. I got a moose draw last year and I understand I'll have reduced odds for the next 3 years. But I'm wondering if I have to put in for the draw 3 times before getting back to regular odds or can i just wait the 3 years and try then with regular odds?. I'll probably end up putting in for the draw either way but it would be nice to know.

That thought crossed my mind as well ! As well as other scenarios .......
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Why bother asking at all? Like the other guy said the more people that do this the more likely you'll get an answer you don't like. It wouldn't be hard for them to look at where people apply for draws and just have everyone be unsuccessful if they don't want t them trav.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    I'm wondering about the reduced odds for a successful draw. I got a moose draw last year and I understand I'll have reduced odds for the next 3 years. But I'm wondering if I have to put in for the draw 3 times before getting back to regular odds or can i just wait the 3 years and try then with regular odds?. I'll probably end up putting in for the draw either way but it would be nice to know.
    It's by calendar years, not number of times you apply.

I had the draw two years ago.

I've been looking potentially at three different areas.

One has 5:1 odds, one has 8:1 odds and another has 21:1 odds.

So(and I'm poor at math) my estimate is that having reduced odds of 66% means that if I apply for the 5:1 odds area I will still be in the 8:1 or so category, which is pretty good compared to some zones and if I applied for the 8:1 zone because that is where my buddies are applying too, I'm now in the 11 or 12:1 ratio. Still not bad. The 21:1 area? Another group I know is applying there but I'm not going to. If they get drawn I might go for the trip and help out. The deer hunting is pretty good in their spot too.

I’m getting a headache following you calculation.. Mind you, I hate math and suck at it! LOL!