Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 478795969798 LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

I had to void a draw application as I wanted to change something. According to the rules you can and ready.. now when I try it says my group partners are still in a draw for the species I voided. Been trying all weekend to fix. Anyone encounter this before?

Does anyone know if they are giving any thought to making changes to the current system we have? Maybe put in a priority system rather than the phoney reduced odds one? Or make is so you can't shoot a spike fork if your hunting under a group big bull moose leh hunt?? Or do we just stay with this pathetic system??

Still need to figure out where to put in for Elk. Need a draw with easy odds, not too far from north van, where I can get my bull in a day or two of road hunting. And also the Elk should be close to an FSR so I don't get too tired getting it into the truck.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

I’d Like to submit an elk LEH hunt as well I don’t have a quad so It would be a combination drive in with 4x4 still hunting and maybe try bugling which I have never done before . Plus I don’t bow hunt so would need to be hunting with a firearm Maybe someone can chime in before the due date
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    Still need to figure out where to put in for Elk. Need a draw with easy odds, not too far from north van, where I can get my bull in a day or two of road hunting. And also the Elk should be close to an FSR so I don't get too tired getting it into the truck.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    I’d Like to submit an elk LEH hunt as well I don’t have a quad so It would be a combination drive in with 4x4 still hunting and maybe try bugling which I have never done before . Plus I don’t bow hunt so would need to be hunting with a firearm Maybe someone can chime in before the due date
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Not sure if you are trolling if so, Im your first bite.

Or, you really think someone will provide you with some good info?

In any case my recommendation for what LEH draw, do your own research and do it long before the draw approaches.

Pay close attention to access restrictions. Quite often the draws with the best odds are like that because they are difficult areas to hunt or even get in to.

Contact a regional bio and ask questions.

If the draw requires private land access, do that homework before you apply and make contact as soon as the draw has run as many landowners only allow one hunter at a time. Every year I get contacted by a sucessful applicant 2-3 week before their LEH date and asked who my local landowner contacts are. I dont share them as I know hunters who have planned ahead have already secured the property.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 06-05-2023 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Does anyone know if they are giving any thought to making changes to the current system we have? Maybe put in a priority system rather than the phoney reduced odds one? Or make is so you can't shoot a spike fork if your hunting under a group big bull moose leh hunt?? Or do we just stay with this pathetic system??
    There is a LEH review committee that has started. But only preliminary discussions to this point. They've hired a contractor to consider points raised, and data. They are waiting for the report from the consultant for further discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    There is a LEH review committee that has started. But only preliminary discussions to this point. They've hired a contractor to consider points raised, and data. They are waiting for the report from the consultant for further discussion.
    Good to know J_T...about time.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Is there any access to the talking points?

Hi Ron . Nope not troll ,just wondering the best options . I have applied in the past for draw up past Squamish but never drawn .
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Not sure if you are trolling if so, Im your first bite.

Or, you really think someone will provide you with some good info?

In any case my recommendation for what LEH draw, do your own research and do it long before the draw approaches.

Pay close attention to access restrictions. Quite often the draws with the best odds are like that because they are difficult areas to hunt or even get in to.

Contact a regional bio and ask questions.

If the draw requires private land access, do that homework before you apply and make contact as soon as the draw has run as many landowners only allow one hunter at a time. Every year I get contacted by a sucessful applicant 2-3 week before their LEH date and asked who my local landowner contacts are. I dont share them as I know hunters who have planned ahead have already secured the property.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Is there any access to the talking points?
    X2, any access to talking points???!!!