Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

[QUOTE=ianbuck17;2169531]I took this from the government site:

The Limited Entry Hunting draw is expected to run in a manner consistent with previous years. Given the unprecedented circumstance of COVID-19, applicants must take into consideration several factors:

• The Provincial Health Officer has asked all British Columbians to limit travel
    • Hunters are asked to only apply for Limited Entry Hunt areas close to home
    • It is uncertain when these measures will change or if more restrictive measures may come into place in the future
    • Costs of processing a refund are many times greater than the application fee. It is the policy of the Ministry not to provide refunds should you not be able to partake in your hunt opportunity due to restrictions in place to protect the health and safety of British Columbians

Due to COVID-19, the 2020/2021 LEH Regulations Synopsis will not be printed this year and there will be no paper copies available.
    Depending on how the situation develops, it could be necessary to amend hunting regulations in order to comply with the government directives on COVID-19. All relevant information will be made on this web page without delay.

So my question is, define close to home. 1 hour drive? A 3 plus hour drive one way has/is been day trip... I need some clarity here please and thanks!
    [/QUOTE}

A 1 hour drive or less...at the speed limit...no trying to cheat the rules. Not much point in putting in for LEH outside those parameters.

[QUOTE=HappyJack;2169551]
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbuck17 View Post
    I took this from the government site:

The Limited Entry Hunting draw is expected to run in a manner consistent with previous years. Given the unprecedented circumstance of COVID-19, applicants must take into consideration several factors:

• The Provincial Health Officer has asked all British Columbians to limit travel
    • Hunters are asked to only apply for Limited Entry Hunt areas close to home
    • It is uncertain when these measures will change or if more restrictive measures may come into place in the future
    • Costs of processing a refund are many times greater than the application fee. It is the policy of the Ministry not to provide refunds should you not be able to partake in your hunt opportunity due to restrictions in place to protect the health and safety of British Columbians

Due to COVID-19, the 2020/2021 LEH Regulations Synopsis will not be printed this year and there will be no paper copies available.
    Depending on how the situation develops, it could be necessary to amend hunting regulations in order to comply with the government directives on COVID-19. All relevant information will be made on this web page without delay.

So my question is, define close to home. 1 hour drive? A 3 plus hour drive one way has/is been day trip... I need some clarity here please and thanks!
    [/QUOTE}

A 1 hour drive or less...at the speed limit...no trying to cheat the rules. Not much point in putting in for LEH outside those parameters.
    I agree it would be nice to know if this is going to be enforced and to what extent. Hopefully things are better come September.

I have a question about the early sheep draw. Can one apply for a Bighorn draw say Kamloops Lake and also apply for the early Skeena draw or are you limited to one 'sheep' draw? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Scratch that. Read into it further. Early Skeena draw would apply to 2021/22 season therefore no conflict.

you guys are totally right. an earlier draw would be very welcome.

I'm planning to put in for moose LEH in 3-19 - easy access for me. From my understanding, if I find 3 other guys to go in as a 'group', I have 3 more chances to get drawn. Yes? Maybe I see if a couple of folks would like to join me.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Has that been outlined by anyone in government or the health authority? Or is that just your opinion?
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Has that been outlined by anyone in government or the health authority? Or is that just your opinion?
    Nothing outlined, just opinion. Everyone has to make their own judgement calls based on how everything is currently outlined

Arrow Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    So you're telling me that the scourge from the mainland that apply for Island Elk won't be this year??

Were that the case, I might be inclined to forgo such long shots as Kamloops Sheep.

But we both know that ain't going to fly...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Just an opinion, I'm a BC resident,I'll travel within BC where I feel like it until something says not to, kinda hard to hunt in langley, 3-4 hours is local for what I want to hunt, I dont stop and shop in small towns on my way, i have my food before i leave home,gas can be bought without talking to anyone,realistically if they wanted you to stay local they could keep anyone e from getting a draw anywhere they dont live,it wouldn't take much

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    So you're telling me that the scourge from the mainland that apply for Island Elk won't be this year??

Were that the case, I might be inclined to forgo such long shots as Kamloops Sheep.

But we both know that ain't going to fly...

Cheers,
    Nog

hey now, steady man................i resemble that remark.......