Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask your LEH questions here...

Hybrid View

Ask your LEH questions here...

SUFAYOT has managed to convince his friend that administers the LEH system to answer us some questions.

He doesn't want to be bombarded, so here is how it goes- Ask the question here, I'll contact him, and get back to you.

There may be quesitons that are out of his scope of things...So not every question will get answered I am assuming.

And when he is busy, answers could take some time, so be patient..

First question?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

2. Site Sponsor

My body might be in Red Deer but my heart and soul are still on the Island

Re: Ask your LEH questions here...

Dont know if this is the right place to ask this but I was wondering, with it sounding more and more like we will not have access to the Nanaimo lakes area will there still be elk tags available there??
    "you can have your rifle on the dashboard and ammo clenched between your teeth and that's legal."-Gatehouse

Is region 1-4 having a elk LEH this year?

When do we get to apply for LEH's anyway?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Have they ever considered going to an LEH system similar to Alberta's where every year you aren't drawn your odds go up?
    Last edited by TRACKnTRAIL; 03-19-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TRACKnTRAIL
    Have they ever considered going to an LEH system similar to Alberta's with an odds system instead of random?
    This was my question as well

Have they ever considered going to an LEH system similar to Alberta's where every year you aren't drawn your odds go up?
    I agree with that it would better circulate the tags and allow us to all have more opportunities. I have a fiend that has not officially been drawn yet in Albeta this year but is already planning the trip because statistaclly it is his year.

A few years ago, the answer to "why don't we have a points based system liek Alberta" is....

We can't.

Some hunts the odds are so high that if you started applying when you were 18 you MAY get a tag by the time you retire.

But I'll ask...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    A few years ago, the answer to "why don't we have a points based system liek Alberta" is....

We can't.

Some hunts the odds are so high that if you started applying when you were 18 you MAY get a tag by the time you retire.

But I'll ask...

To me this makes no sense. Alberta has some draws with very high odds. At least with a points based system like Alberta you would be sure to get the draw before a person who already had it and is just putting in to try and make sure a hunter doesn't. With the current system I have putting in for moose in 3-18 for 15 years and haven't been drawn, but a guy I know has had it 3 times and never got a moose.

To me this makes no sense. Alberta has some draws with very high odds. At least with a points based system like Alberta you would be sure to get the draw before a person who already had it and is just putting in to try and make sure a hunter doesn't. With the current system I have putting in for moose in 3-18 for 15 years and haven't been drawn, but a guy I know has had it 3 times and never got a moose.
    Their high odds stuff is LEH no different than ours (Goats and Grizz when they had 'em)

The other problem with BC is the annual variability in game populations.

You could be putting in for an elk draw that's 5:1 and the year you're gonna go to 5 there's a massive winter kill. Your odds just went up to 20:1, doesn't sound all that great if your body is getting tired.

For some of our species a priority system would work but the high odds stuff just isn't practical.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Ask him when the hell im ever going to get a MOOSE draw---just kidding ,but it would sure be nice to get a draw sometime in my lifetime.
    Midnight toker