Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: amazing video

Re: amazing video

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    Huge bear, big balls to get that close and keep calling it in right to the end!
    big balls?
    that, or no brain.
    I'm leaning toward the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    I also feel that long distance shooting has become a sensationalist thing as well.
    You made an 800 yard shot? Well I did 1050! With my eyes closed to boot.

Now if you can make that shot and are confident in it and the animal is dead, then good for you, but lets not make this a pissing match, ok?
    yup.
    I stopped to chat to a group of hunters that had stopped in a clearing to make a fire last weekend.
    one of the group came over to chat, the others looked less than friendly.
    he was a young guy, but had the "super-experienced" aura.
    he was telling me about the few things they had seen earlier that day, and that the one animal was about 850-900 yards.
    I said "oh shitty, 900 yards".
    he replied "900 is an easy shot, no problem"
    I carried on shortly after, enough was said.

Hmmm well done..the guide knew his stuff...should snswer if distress calls work?

RIP Frznk the tank....awesome bear..
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
    yup.
    I stopped to chat to a group of hunters that had stopped in a clearing to make a fire last weekend.
    one of the group came over to chat, the others looked less than friendly.
    he was a young guy, but had the "super-experienced" aura.
    he was telling me about the few things they had seen earlier that day, and that the one animal was about 850-900 yards.
    I said "oh shitty, 900 yards".
    he replied "900 is an easy shot, no problem"
    I carried on shortly after, enough was said.
    Eastman's had an interesting article on long range shooting recently:

http://blog.eastmans.com/long-range-...ccd9f9-9396702

I'm not against long range shooting whatsoever, everyone has their personal ethics, limits and different ways they hunt or kill.

As far as the video goes, theres no more ethical and acurate way to kill an animal than from that kind of range. Hunters take chances all the time in grizzly country or in the steep goat cliffs, nothing is perfectly safe, it's up to the individual where there line of risk is drawn. Personally I'd prefer to shoot a bear from a little more distance because of fear of getting mauled but it sure makes for a hair raising video and must be an intense experience for those that chose to risk the up close and personal.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Well executed and well shot out. For an animal that big you have to wait for the unobstructed broadside shot. I'm sure Sam had some thorough talks with him (coaching) on a regular basis during the hunt. Totally impressive. Does anyone know what type of a distress call he was imitating? Never heard that one before.
    Last edited by 325 wsm; 11-01-2014 at 09:32 PM.
    I have no fear... angels follow me wherever I go.
    Big & Rich

Quote Originally Posted by 325 wsm View Post
    Well executed and well shot out. For an animal that big you have to wait for the unobstructed broadside shot. I'm sure Sam had some thorough talks with him (coaching) on a regular basis during the hunt. Totally impressive. Does anyone know what type of a distress call he was imitating? Never heard that one before.
    Sounded like a fawn in distress call to me.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

That's incredible. Congrats to the hunter on a great bear.

Don't care how you look at it, it was great to watch and man that's one big bear.

Each to his own I say, that was a great stalk and a godd clean kill - facing a huge grizly bear or an Enraged Bull Elephant at that distance, with a bow or rifle takes balls, either will kill you just as dead should it choose to do so.

Respect!

Came across the following story/amazing video from 24hourcamp.

Bow hunting the largest bear in Alaska. It was almost like being there. Had to watch it 2x.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ8uoda8NQc

Sadly in Oct. 2015, Roy Roth 49, fell to his death while sheep hunting.
    https://www.frontiersman.com/news/fa...d22de1d2f.html
    Roy has been able to take 9 dall rams, and 9 brown bear with his bow

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein