Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppy - Nearly on the way - GWP

Re: Puppy - Nearly on the way - GWP

We're working on moving out of Vancouver. Hard to afford with two kids (and now a dog). All our $$ will be going to house and food...

We already like McDonald Beach. We've passed on Spanish Banks - not having a dog - but now I'm sure it will be a regular destination. Need to get the girl swimming!!!

Will post pix soon. Haven't downloaded from the phone yet.

anyone have a recommended vet in Vancouver? puppy needs second round of shots.

so far, the dog is Awesome! I've really been working with her about a week. She's 80% on 'sit'. 75% on 'come'. and on leash she's great at heel. I make her sit before she comes in or goes out of the house or before her food. She also sits before we cross the street - every time.

and i'll be damned if she didn't retrieve the very first dummy i (my daughter actually) ever threw. she'll retrieve 10-20 times before she gets bored. not always to hand but at least to my feet every time.

not only that but she's cute as hell and the family loves her.

so far, i think i've got a keeper.

she's only 3 months so i'm not pushing her too hard but just spending time every day and trying to be consistent. this is my first hunting dog and i'm amazed at what just comes natural to her. the retrieve is amazing. and i can already see her using her nose and 'hunting' back and forth in front of me. i'm walking a fine line between letting her be herself and making sure i have her under control - we are living in the city.

Can i ask which breeder you got her from?

Thanks