Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nunavut Adventures- The Outdoor Experience

Re: Nunavut Adventures- The Outdoor Experience

Awesome adventure...great photos..thank you for sharing..
    I admire your courage to risk such a massive change..
    Cheers
    Steven

If you're gonna post pictures like that you need to change your profile away from living in Squamish.

Roasting hot here lately. Mid 30s and a bit muggy. I broke down and bought an a/c unit. Sweating as I write this.

Is there room for one more family up there?

Great thread, btw. Have really enjoyed it since the first post.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Haha this will be our last summer up here. Looking at getting back to BC. Not Squamish probably south eastern BC, a few hours to the Montana and Alberta border. I don't miss the heat 20'C is plenty hot for me. Currently 1'C with fog, getting ready for an all day hike.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Yesterday was a beautiful day in the arctic. No snow or rain. Some fog but mainly cloudy with sunny periods. 6hrs total hiking in the tundra. Pushed farther than I have before. The bad thing about that is the farther I go, I want to go even farther. The next ridge, through the next valley or around the next bend in the river. Sense of adventure is an amazing thing. A few cool finds. I love finding sheds and yes they are chewed up badly but there's been no caribou in this area for 10-15yrs. Spotted a couple 7.62 shells laying in the moss. As well found my favorite dead head so far. He would have been a beauty if he reached his prime. At times its hard walking these hills and ridges. Thinking 15-20yrs ago they would have been a live with caribou. A good reminder just how important conservations is. Found probably 40-50 kill sights.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Couple more pictures

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

More more more

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

As the finale for this adventure my favorite dead head

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

Very cool experience for you and your family! Thanks for the pics, that country just keeps going and going! Would love to see it in person some day.
    Northern bc doesn't seem so cold now!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvider View Post
    Haha this will be our last summer up here. Looking at getting back to BC. Not Squamish probably south eastern BC, a few hours to the Montana and Alberta border. I don't miss the heat 20'C is plenty hot for me. Currently 1'C with fog, getting ready for an all day hike.
    Why are you leaving the north?

Very cool adventure for sure. Thanks for all the pics.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.