Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush Pilot in Action

Bush Pilot in Action

I put together a short video of my buddy taking off with his J-3 loaded down with moose.
    Enjoy
    -JR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtgqmq1kWY

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bush Pilot in Action

That's where memory's are made
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Wow! Now thats a load! Those planes sure are tough.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

OMG did your buddy take off 2200 lbs of moose meat or did he split the load up and make a "few" trips ? Just wondering seeing how the max play load for Piper J-3 is listed as under 455 lbs
    Great video , congrats on 2 nice moose , 5 star weather and a nice little pond for a float plane .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Great footage indeed, thanks.

Saw footage of a similar plane and a similar water channel on a WildTV show awhile back . Did you sell the video ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    OMG did your buddy take off 2200 lbs of moose meat or did he split the load up and make a "few" trips ? Just wondering seeing how the max play load for Piper J-3 is listed as under 455 lbs
    Great video , congrats on 2 nice moose , 5 star weather and a nice little pond for a float plane .
    Hahahaha there's paper, then there's reality.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Hahahaha there's paper, then there's reality.
    HaHaHa .......... don't think you would be in the front seat in that little 120 HP puddle jumper with 2200lbs of moose meat in the back trying to take off in that pond unless you were flying a Turbo Beaver or Sherpa and that's reality unless you have a set of Boone + Crocket gonads .......
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Definitely not good for 2200 but definitely good for much more than advertised.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Definitely not good for 2200 but definitely good for much more than advertised.
    I have flown a Supercub on floats (PA-18 135 version) and my friend owns one (PA-18-150) and there is no way you are taking anywhere near 2200lbs in a J-3. Not even 1/2 at a time.

But I sure do like the video (and it does say "one of many trips"). Thanks for posting.