Thread: pheasant boundary bay delta

pheasant boundary bay delta

So I saw a pheasant in legal shooting area on the shooting side of the dyke while duck hunting In boundary bay, it is in season for pheasant in 2-4 so do I go back and shoot it in the am? So random seeing a bird pretty much in the ocean, obviously a stocked bird from somewhere.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: pheasant boundary bay delta

That'll be a released bird and is fair game as long as you're in a legal discharge area! Good luck! K

Used to set up pheasant decoys in the marsh to pull them out over the dike. Worked great on sunny days! Roasted with a nice butter sauce! MMMMM one of my favourite things to eat!
    Eat your dessert first.

Damn should have taken it, I was focused on ducks and had to do double take never seen a pheasant on the ocean what a random sight haha, but it was almost dark so put it to bed in the area hopefully, will go back for sunrise see what I see? Did manage pintail widgeon and a shoveler though

Weirdest I have seen was a bunch of Guinea fowl walking along the side of the road in Pemberton. At the time i knew they lived in Africa and was puzzled enough to pull over and tai couple photos. when I got home and asked google… it turns out people raise them in North America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guineafowl these ones
    Eat your dessert first.

Quote Originally Posted by longstonec View Post
    Used to set up pheasant decoys in the marsh to pull them out over the dike. Worked great on sunny days! Roasted with a nice butter sauce! MMMMM one of my favourite things to eat!
    That's so old school, I run a trail of bird seed right to a camo canvas bag and save the shells! K

I don't like the bird seed flavour. Will try with corn shortly.
    Eat your dessert first.