Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My best buck by far

My best buck by far

After about twenty years of hunting and quite a few spikes two points and three points I finally got the wall hanger .We went to our usual stomping grounds in region 3,after finding the does my hunting partner stalked in to the bottom of the cut block while I went into the top to wait and see if he would spook anything up .the trees where 10 to 15 feet tall so visibility was poor .
    when he got to about 75 yards from me we heard the thumping of deer running away and I just saw the deer's but running away. We went up to the road 200 yards away to see if it had crossed the road ,but could find no sign of where it had crossed so I went back in .

I spotted the deer through the trees looking at me but could not tell that it was a buck until it started to walk away. I took a shot but missed because the trees were to thick. Must have hit a branch because I had him in the cross hairs!
    We went back to camp feeling a little discouraged even though I had no idea that he was that big!!

The next morning I skulked slowly back in to the same area hoping for another chance ,after about 30 min of sneaking in there he was , he had no idea I was there .I had lots of time to take a deep breath and find a log to rest the gun on for a 100 yard shot.

I pulled the trigger and saw him flinch and run. After waiting a few min. I slowly made my way to the spot he was standing, I found no hair or blood and was starting to get worried. I headed the direction he ran and 75 yds over the rise there he was pilled up.
    Until this point I hadn't really realized how big he was !!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My best buck by far

That is a beautiful mule deer congrats big time!

Wow great buck! And good work finding him in the bush after no sign of a blood trail. I had a similar incident this year that did not end as well.

Awesome buck!
    Dude, relax, he ain't getting away!
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Nice deer man...that is awesome!!!

Beauty dark antlers! He would go on my wall too. Nice going.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Great buck and also love the dark antlers. What was the width on him? A bit tough to tell from the camera angle.

lol your eyes are buggin out! i bet you were still vibrating when the pic was taken

That's a gooder! Beautiful dark cape with a double white patch too, he will look great on the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Great buck. Congrats!