Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Kamloops chukar hunt

Re: Great Kamloops chukar hunt

Was out and saw a cover of Chukers today. Yes they are bird ninjas. I never landed one. Yes they run uphill and fly down hill. Very fast little buggars. I had a .410. Tomorrow I go out again with a 20ga and a 12 ga for some distance! I want me some Chukars...

I'll be heading up that way next week....where abouts are you guys hunting Chukars? Not looking for anybodies special place, just general areas...I sure would appreciate it!

Sorry did not see post until today. How'd you make out Snowbeard? Any luck? I am seeing Chukars on N side of Kamloops lake in the sage brushy areas.

Just spent a day and a half hunting chukars farther up the Fraser valley. Saw plenty... had 5 chances where I actually fired the gun. got 1. They are fast & wily, and love the steep ground. Made me look like a complete amateur. I told them I'll be back next year. I think I heard them call back "bring it on, f*cker".

Hey guys. I'm originally from Nevada and grew up shooting these red legged Devils. I had no idea they were as close as Kamloops. Can anybody direct me in a general area? I'd like to take my Dad as his first hunt up here in BC. Take care.

North side of kamloops lake, south side from savvona too cache creek, and up and down the fraser annd thompson in the same area, as well as some areas around kelowna, there originally 7 introduction locations in the interior I believe

Hmmm didnt save any of those wonderfull capes or feathers for friends..di you friend? Lol
    Amszing birds
    Cheers
    Steven

Try to put up some chuker shots.
    Last edited by slyfox; 01-23-2015 at 11:20 PM.

I'll try tomorrow again.
    Last edited by slyfox; 01-23-2015 at 11:30 PM.