Thread: Alberta Bound

Alberta Bound

Leaving Friday for the Brooks area. Pheasant, huns, sharptail and geese. I had a blast (Pun intended) last year. I should be a lot of fun.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: Alberta Bound

Good luck 1/2 Slam, those goose hunts are unbelievable, looking forward to pics of the roosters too .

You should be in for a great hunt. The Geese are flying everywhere out here right now.

lucky guy ……..have fun.

I am told those grain feed birds are the best.

My dad just called from Patricia last night. They had the best Pheasant hunting they've had in many years. My dad and his hunting partner have been going for over 40 years and he said that this year brought back memories of the good old days. All the roosters they shot this year were mature, wild birds. The property they hunted this year has no hatchery birds released on it. Most years they start on this property but have to move to other areas to fill their limit.

Good luck on your hunt 1/2 slam.

Just finished my shopping. Everything is in a pile in the garage. will load in the morning and depart.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Looks like you have some beautiful Alberta sunshine for the next week to chase to chase to ditch chickens. Are you going to check out some of the ACA and EID lands to hunt on ? Make sure to take out the iphone and take a few pics of one or two of those prairie sunrises

I'm headed for Patricia next Tuesday....gettin excited already! 1/2 Slam, you have a dog with you?....I'm bringing my WPG with me.... would appreciate if anybody has some updates on how the bird hunting is in Southern Alberta this year.
    Last edited by Snowbeard; 10-27-2014 at 06:31 AM.